Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last Saturday in ought seven


This is the time of the year when good housewives sort through, inventory, and organize for the coming year. - Oh, surely you don't think I'm talking about myself, do you? I've been lying around reading Terry Pratchet novels, eating tropical Cotlets, and doing jigsaw puzzles. But MJ cleaned her linen closet and found sheets that were no longer being used. So she invited me to come play. We merged our fabric stashes in a glorious day of stitching. I tore and pinned and pressed, she sewed, and in about six hours, we made a quilt. I tied it, and here we have a gift of love for someone who needs it. We are a great team for quick and dirty strip-piecing.
Today, Saturday, DH and I hosted our annual holiday party. We hold it in a hotel downtown because there is room enough for everyone and no cleanup afterward. And it is SOOO wonderful to gather those that we love into one place. Next year,, we'll have to figure a way for you to come, too. The caterers do a soup, salad and sandwich buffet for us with cookies for dessert. Wine, beer, sodas, coffee, tea. It's perfect!!


See all the smiling happy people? It was a marvelous party. The laughter and merry chatter echoed down the hallways. And TW brought her knitting! Why didn't I think to do that? Probably because I didn't have to think about anything for this party. I didn't have to clean house, prepare food, wrangle kitties, or fret about parking.



I felt so rested and pretty.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    and you look stunning--how wonderful!!! And the quick&dirty quilt ain't bad either! So glad you enjoyed yourselves--and isn't it wonderful to host friends and have someone else clean up...

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Wow! Beautiful quilt! And what a great idea for hosting a get together. I'll have to keep that in mind.

    Oh and please send me an email with your address so I can mail that book out for you. fairyblogmother@sympatico.ca

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    You look lovely!

     
  • At 1:10 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    My dear friend ... you are not only pretty on the outside, but especially pretty on the inside - where it matters most. xx

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Well, you ARE lovely and very SMART and CLEVER to boot. It just follows.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a great quilt! And in one day. Wow. I love the idea of having a party and not having to clean up before or after. It looks like everyone had a good time. And you look lovely and rested and happy. Just as you should be.

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    You LOOK rested and pretty! And what a great idea for a holiday gathering!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home