Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The cruise isn't over till all the photos are posted

In Antigua I swam with stingrays. This one wanted a hug. It felt like cuddling fifteen pounds of wet leather, in a rather pleasant and exotic sort of way. I love nice, hand-tamed stingrays.

Today, in Portland Oregon, it's fourty degrees and raining. The geese are veeing overhead to go graze in the grass at the local parks and school yards. Sometimes the grass is gray with grazing geese. (I really want that to fit into a poem somhow, but it hasn't jelled yet.) DH is sleeping. All the fur faces are sleeping. The neighborhood is sleeping. It's just me and the geese. Maybe I should put on my down jacket and go out for a waddle in the rain. After the dinner we had last night, it couldn't hurt. It was the ginerbread pudding cake that did me in. Two huge helpings with whipped topping. Yum! Holidays are feast time. Let's all be merry!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love the photo! It looks sooo warm. and Tropical. What a great Christmas Eve photo to click on.

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ahhh, the clear turquoise sea of the tropics. And a stringray for added pleasure.

    Merry Christmas!

    For Willow at the Cottage where yesterday it was 77 degrees and sunny.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Merry Christmas! And don't you think everyone should have a pet stingray?

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Give me a few more holiday meals, and I'll be waddling with the manatees--forget the geese... of course, with a cruise picture like that to inspire me, being an honorary manatee doesn't sound half bad.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    15 pounds of wet leather! I love it. That sounds pretty much like how I imagine cuddling a ray would be! Great photo!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home