Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

the aftermath

How about a sweet sunrise to start the day? This was off the coast of San Juan. I am still waking up in synch with these sunrises, four hours before the sun gets around to this quarter of the globe. It will take the inner clock a few days to adjust. But at least the floor has quit moving underfoot. And all the laundry is washed and in a huge pile on the table, awaiting folding.






Lest you think I was entirely given over to frivolity and bobbishness, I display for your eddification the knitting I accomplished while on vacation. Size three needles. Dilligent stitching. I was a good knitter.

















And just a little something to make us all jealous. Here is Gdude with his nightly ration of three desserts, following two entrees and three or four appetizers. And he doesn't gain weight!! That's baked alaska, chocolate cream cake with caramel sauce. and a big bowl of peach custard ice cream.

I put on five pounds. I guess the self-serve frozen yogurt machine wasn't really my friend after all. Thank God there isn't one available to me now.









Of course, as I was unpacking, I was supervised by the suitcase inspector. Is this suitcase empty enough sir? May I close it up and put it away now?



Today, Tuesday the 18th, we have workmen infesting the house, replacing our 40 year old aluminum frame windows with new vinyl frame windows. They are, ofcourse, scaring the cats spitless, and since this house is well built, the windows were securely installed, so it is taking the poor guys more time and work than they had anticipated. Meanwhile, the house is open to the elements, and I am trying to figure out where to go to stay out of the way. Thank God for laptops and knitting!!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yay for new windows!
    And Yay for suitcase inspectors!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I'm surprised the suitcase inspector did't accidentally make the trip with you.

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ugh...laundry... (if you imagine the same thing for six people, you'd understand why our washer is having 'white light' moments...)

    But the windows will do your house good...and really, if it was sunny all the time, you'd miss the ice-freaking cold. Honest. But it's good to have you back:-)

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    So instead of lying around in a deck chair doing Nothing, you were basking in the sun(rise) knitting off the previous meal.

    I like the color. Looks every interesting!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home