Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 22, 2007

What's knittin'?

I proctored a tax board test on Friday. four hours of good knitting time. Blessings on DH for helping me figure out how to use the colors that had been requested. They just didn't play well in stripes or Faire Isle patterning. Color block was definitely the way to go.









I finished all of one and this much of the second one. It even looks as if it will fit.













What is it? Mittens, kittens. Mittens for our wonder-accountant, and if there's enough yarn left, a matching headband to keep him warm while jogging.



DH remarked today that while it hadn't made sense to go get a tree the day after Thanksgiving the way we usually do, he kind of missed it and felt a lack in our holidays. Then he went out for his usual last minute shopping spree, and I had a mission! I stopped at the neighborhood lot which has beeb thoroughly picked over, and bargained with the guy for a little, scrawny, flat backed tree that no one wanted. I got a fourty dollar tree for fifteen, brought it home, cut it down, wired in extra branches, and set it up. I had just finished stringing the lights and was starting to hang ornaments when it hit me that what DH missed was not the tree, but the hunt for the tree. Sometimes I am thick as two bricks. I apologized all over when he came home, and he laughed at me because It wasn't THAT big a deal to him (and because that's the sort of darling man he is) but next year, we will again hunt down the wiley Christmas tree as a team!!

Meanwhile, maybe we can go hunt down a wreath.

Lyssa, yes, Christmas cactus cuttings would be gratefully and gleefully received. Thank you for the offer!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I think it was a lovely idea, and he was probably touched in the extreme. But enjoy that group hunt for the wreath...(make sure it doesn't have meadowsweet in it...I just found out that's a no-no!)

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the hunt for the tree too. This year it was over too quickly as we found a perfect tree in the first place we looked. It felt weird to take it home. Shouldn't we look for a better one? I finally said, "stop, this is perfect even if there are other trees out there better, this one is perfect for us" so we took it. And I use the fronts of old cards as tags,too. I cut the details off and make tags out of them. They are unique and I feel good recycling.

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I just have to tell you about our tree hunt. We too decided against the tree, but then last night I realized Chpln Dan will be here on the 26th and maybe he'd like to see a tree at his mom's house before he leaves for the middle east, so we went to Home Depot today. NO TREES. We asked. The guy was CHIPPING up the last four trees and the lot was closed. So we got the LAST tree for free so he didn't have to chip it up. And we have it now in a tub of water, reviving and will put it up on Dec 24th.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home