Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 09, 2007

blogging blind

Still fighting with the desktop that won't allow photo posting, and the laptop with an almost black screen. But I got a couple of photos! First is Ben supervising the stacking of the rum ball bowls. The biggest steel bowl, (which I rarely use for cooking but still love to own) is just the right size for a young cat to chase his own tail around and around and around until he is so dizzy his eyes spin. The rum ball bowls stack up inside the big steel bowl. After the cat gets out.

Regarding rum balls: Corn syrup goes into the recipe to keep the melted chocolate from seizing. (that's when the sugar in the chocolate all hardens up into lumps.)

Fourteen batches is not excessive. My rum balls are a decades long tradition, and no matter how many batches I make, there are never enough.

Chocolate and beer? Eeeewww! No thank you, Queen of all the Snowcows! LOL

I spent most of the morning melting and mixing and rolling rumballs. I now have four BIG tins full, ripening up. It's important to let them sit in their air-tight tins for at least several days. Six weeks is not too long. The flavor blooms.

And yes, in the midst of all this confectionery, knitting does go on. Simple diagonal scarf using up odds and bobs of angoras, alpacca, some kid mohair, and some super-soft mystery fiber.

What next? I'll have to toss the stash tonight. Want my pattern for six-fingered gloves?




4 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ben is sure growing up fast, and looking handsome and adorable. And, as a beer drinker and chocolate lover, NO, never mix the two. Ewwww.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh man, Ben just looks like he's waiting to start chasing again. "Can I do it again after you take the picture, Mom? Huhuhuhuh?" Hurray for finishing them; that's a lot of work! Mmmmmmmm. Rumballs... Six-fingered gloves? I dunno if I'll ever make it to gloves, but I'd like to see them. In case I ever run into a polydactylist.

    (PS - Tag, you've been memed. [eg] Only if you want to; I hate it when someone insists, so it's only if you find the occasional meme fun!)

     
  • At 12:31 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    oooh I like the scarf, but Ben, he is just gorgeous. Just look at the face!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay, the cat in the bowl trumps naked babies in the sink, any day.

    The rum balls smell delicious, even from here in their air-tight tins!

    And I love the diagonal scarf...I'm such a sucker for your basic bias pattern...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home