Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 12, 2007

The MIL sweater and nifty sh*t

Last night as I was lolling in the bathtub, Pepper trotted in, dragging the camera cable with immense pride, bragging, "Look what I killed, Mom! I killed a snake." Ben instantly pounced, proclaiming, "I'm killing it too!" So I lurched out of the tub, and pink, wet and naked, pursued kitties through the house till I had rescued the cable. Oh, ghu, it was not a pretty sight! The cable was fine, but I am over fifty and over weight and gravity has not been kind . . . Hmm too much information there. Be that as it may, DH who, as a war vet has seen worse, merely raised his eyebrows at me, took custody of the cable when I had rescued it, and went back to his book as I went back to my bath. And today, I can post new pictures! The Mother-in-law's chocolate sweater is all done. V-neck, nifty square brassy buttons, vertical ribs to visually elongate. I just hope it fits.
(The picture in the background is of one-time mayor of Portland, Bud Clark. The caption is, "Expose yourself to Art." I loved Bud! He never took it too seriously.)

I have been hitting sales. Joann's had a row of dollar bins, and I got all sorts of trinkets for Christmas pressies and stocking stuffers. And then I stopped at Office Max and found these nifty-coolio vinyl binder pages with pockets. There's an 8 1/2 X 11 pocket that would hold a pattern. And a 4 X 11 pocket that would hold knitting needles. And a little 2 X 3 pocket for stitch markers, thread cutter, whatever else is needful. What a marvelous traveling knitter's accesory! Since school has started, they are half-price now. I got three of them in blue, pink and green for $1.20 Squeee! Sort out the different projects by color. (Socks in the blue one, scarf in the pink, . . .) Slide the pockets into your tote or backpack or laptop case, and you are good to go! Isn't that a nifty bit of sh*t?

Why am I thinking about traveling knitting? Well, did I mention that DH and I are taking a Carribbean cruise in December? (All you thieves and vandals, don't get your hopes up. We have a house-sitter.) Already I am planning my wardrobe. I take pride in traveling light, so am doing the mental mix and match and making lists to cover the possibilities. Except, ...well,... I am SUCH a sucker for dressy, dressy clothes. Gotta pack two formals. Yes, I know no one will notice if I wear the same thing twice. I'm fifty eight for crysakes, and no one but DH will even see me. (Middle-aged women become invisible.) But if I have two opportunities to dress to the hilt, I do not intend to waste one of them. I'll wear the same shoes, but that's as far as I'm willing to go. It may even be the same two formals I wore on the last cruise, but I don't care. They make me feel pretty! Pretty! Pretty! HMM - I want more opportunities to wear formals. Wonder if I can talk DH into romantic dress-up dinners at home?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Now see, I know my little crapweasel has eaten mine...Mate and I are trying not to be naked any more in the house...we have impressionable teenagers who may want to disown us if they see too much.

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    LOL, chasing kittehs ... what a sight!

    Very envious of your cruise - sounds really delightful! I rarely get chances to dress up too, generally it's weddings (few) or funerals (more frequent of late).

    Great vinyl folder, very handy! And good job on the MIL jumper, I'm sure she'll love it :D LOVE the 'expose' photo, very funny!

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Kenyetta said...

    I think I need to go to Office Max- those binder pages are so neat. I think it will travel better than a baggie.
    Have fun on your cruise! I am so jealous...

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    The sweater is gorgeous.

    Yea for finding the camera cable and a great big YEA!!!! for the cruise. Ahhh, warm weather, sand, sun, beaches, hunky tanned guys in little speedos . . . Oopps! Got carried away there. Keep us posted on the preparations!

     
  • At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOLOLOLOL... Oh, deary deary me. And if you look at it right (kinda with your head screwed on sideways), the chasing kitties nekkid goes well with the MIL sweater pic and Bud's poster. [vbg] (loved Bud too; Woop woop!) Beautiful sweater; love those buttons! And y'know, when Ms. K was visiting, we went by that corner and the statue is gone! I was shocked. Wonder if they just moved it, or--? I used to catch my bus on that corner for years, I was quite indignant the statue was gone. ;)

    Also quite envious of the cruise, in a very-happy-for-you way. Have fun planning! Plus any time you get a chance to dress up is not to be sneezed at. Take advantage all you can!

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    The sweater looks amazing! Great job, once again I'm in awe.

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    No mattter what shape or what age a woman has every right to go to formals and use the pretties. You go girl! Photos of the ensemble appreciated. I used to pack light but then all the girls at the school camps used to be so much better turned out than I was and got the boys. Decided that I wanted a piece of the action and started packing for a new outfit every five minutes. Didn't work with the boys but stood me in good stead later in life : D

    Gorgeous MIL cardy.

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger Susan said...

    "went back to his book as I went back to my bath. And today, I can post new pictures! "

    For a moment there, I thought Sannasbag was about to go X-rated!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home