Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

so many hands, so little success

I am still struggling to get the many wonderful photos of hands doing knitterly things off the desktop and onto the laptop so I can blog with them. You did such a splendid job for me, and my artist friend is delighted. Thank you, thank you!



And meantime, life is filled with adorable kitties who knocked a basket off the table and spent an hour playing with it. Cat as turtle is one of my favorite poses.









Saturday we took a little road trip with MJ and Rick to celebrate MJ's birthday. We went to Crown point in the Columbia River Gorge. Splendid old structure which has been recently renovated and reopened to the public. The views up and down the gorge from here are breathtaking! In this shot, we are looking across the river to Washington.




Looking East into the gorge. DH is prettydarn scenic, too!











I'm very proud of this shot since I had to hunker down on my knees with my butt in the air to get it all lined up. The arch is about two feet high, one of many in the wall put up by the Society to Prevent Idiot Tourists From Falling Over the Edge of the Parking Area.








Here is a shot of DH (Who is by no means an Idiot Tourist!)next to the wall to show you just how little those arches really are. People looked at me strangely, but when I showed them the photo, some of THEM hunkered down with cameras as well. I should have taken pictures of that, but I'm too kind.








I did, however, get a picture of this charming elfin grandmother peeping over the upper balcony at me. I love her playful grin!!











Inside the building, one can appreciate the light and the artistry of construction.



Something I especially appreciate about old buildings is the profligate joy with which the most mundane items are treated. This is the bottom of a drinking fountain.

From Crown Point, we took a short drive up to the View Point Inn which we may well visit often. Lovely setting, tasty menu, and romantic ambience. Anyone want to come for a visit in July when the days are long and sunny and the view will knock your socks off?

(That's Rick on crutches. He is an intrepid adventurer! MJ behind him, and DH admiring the inn.)

I'm a pisces. They had a goldfish pond. I had to get a picture of myself with my little finny friends. K,bai. Thnks!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I've said it before--I so very much love the way you look at the world...that shot through the arch was well worth the fanny in the air... (And I love the words you use to show us what you see--"elfin grandmother" and "profligate joy" are going to stick with me...)

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What Amy said. The last picture is also okoi with me.

    It's probably a good thing we live on opposite sides of the country. Your DH is, um, not bad-looking.

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Crown Point has always been one of my favorite viewing spots on the Columbia. Great shots, from every angle.
    I'm a pisces too--is that why I love the beach and ocean so much? Lots of fish there.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Great post! You got some photography skillz there, girl!

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Tara said...

    I love the clouds in the second picture...

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I always like to imagine, as I'm hunkering down with bum in air, that I'm a much sought after National Geographic photographer and this will get me the ONE photograph that will define my career. This daydream almost drowns out the derisory comments from my family and loved ones about me taking forever and making an exhibition of myself while getting a photograph that will invariably be tilted, blurred or of my feet (sigh).

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Turtle cats, Roxiekoi, the Gorge and Crown Point - whatta day! Great, great pix!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home