Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, October 07, 2007

show us your socks

I confess that I am am a person who sees a good idea and gallops away post haste, eager to try it on, without remembering to get the name of the person who came up with it. Someone is doing "Show us your socks." Where you display the first and last socks you have knit. Isn't this a wonderful concept? It delighted me so much that I ran for my socks and camera and forgot even whose blog I saw it on. Mea maxima culpa!

And when I came down to it, the first socks I knit have been worn to dustrags. And the last pair of socks I knit have been given away. But here's an early pair and a recent pair. Blue tube socks on the back legs, and hand-spun wool and firestar stuff on the front legs.









Of course, everything is always better with a kitty.

This has been a slow and rainy weekend. DH is killing demon cows, and I am fighting with my new AT&T air card. No one told me it was glacially slow. Does it run on dial up? Or maybe I am doing something (many things?) wrong. Anyone else use one of these? I think the corner where I have my laptop set up is a wavelength black hole. I can't pick up radio there, the cell phone dies when I take it there, and as for wi-fi - HAH! This corner laughs at wi-fi. It mocks the mother of wi-fi. It imputes unnatural things about the entire family of wireless connections. Can it be that one corner of a house can be receptivity dead? Or is it a communicatory curse laid upon that segment of the property by some ancient Salmon-eating shaman who was annoyed by a nagging wife when he tried to find a quiet place to sit and think? Did he declare, "You shall not speak to me!" and the power of his will caused the area around him to baffle all communications wavelengths? Hey, it makes as much sense as any other thing to do with computers as far as I'm concerned.


But thanks to Monica's inspired suggestion, I have been able to get a few more hands from there to here. Hands are sooo eloquent!

I Iasked for hands doing knitterly things. Winding a ball of yarn. Now THAT'S a knitterly thing no one else thought of! That's extra-capsular thinking (Outside the box. Thanks and a tip of the hat to Grant and Lucia for that phrase!)

Lucia! I saw the contest on Lucia's blog. Tracking back I find it was from quiditity and the contest is over. Oh well.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    LOL, socks on chair legs :D

    Good luck sorting out the wi-fi reception problems :p

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Okay...mocking the mother of wi-fi? That's some seriously kick-ass evil compu-ju-ju...perhaps you need to sacrifice a modem in effigy or something to get it all to work, but I'd be leery.. the hands knitting pictures are beautiful as always. (Whatever she's working on in the top picture? Me wants it...)

    I could probably find the evil godawful acrllic sock I did first...I think it's around here, being used as a teddy bear hat... (gauge issues, amy? no thank you, I just bought a box...) I'll look around...

     
  • At 9:53 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Great socks. One day I'll get tired of making boring old scarves and branch out. It seems so intimidating though.

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Oh, Shan, you gotta try socks. (Resistance is futile. You will be assockilated.)

    Jane of Quiddity was having that contest -- it's over, lucky for me, because I won and you would have given me a run for my money.

     
  • At 7:02 AM , Blogger Norma said...

    Oh, that first photo is soooo funny.

     
  • At 7:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hee - cat on chair and chair in socks. And my, Ben's growing! Look how tall he looks, standing there under the chair! I think Amy's got a plan re the wi-fi. Maybe a little voodoo card to stick wires into? I dunno; would that work for a wireless card? Hm.

    More great photos of hands! (Glad the suggestion helped. By gum, if it won't work one way, we'll shoehorn it into working some way.) I have to confess, though, that this time I was drooling more over the yarn. ;) Love the purple, but lust after that multi-red!

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    ha ha ha. I love it! My first socks were given away but I believe I have a photo of them still. They had hammer toes.

     
  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie Socks!

    My first pair of socks were a gift as were the last pair I made. If you want, you can go visit the latest ones in Oregon City, on my sister in law's feet.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I like your socks on chair legs pics and your WiFi rant is funny!

    I am so enjoying your knitterly hands.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger Susan said...

    Well it's a small bloody internet. "Grant and Lucia" you write and I think... hmmm. Could there be more than one of that combination in the world? Apparently not because I followed the blog links at the side of your page and discovered that Grant is indeed the very same Grant with whom I used to sing in the Spectrum Singers. Funny.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home