Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pressies, knitting, and the mandatory kitties

Jejune ( jejunesplace.blogspot.com ) is a gifted, brilliant woman who paints the most astounding knitting themed watercolors. She had a contest with a random draw and I was just random enough to win! Here is my prize,(Picture deleted because I wanted to show the pretty stamps on the envelope and foolishly showed my home address as well. DUH! Thanks Monica!) all the way from Australia! Cadbury chocolates in Furry Friends bars, Minties, a Caramel Koala bar, and four of her lovely greeting cards. Check out the knitting art shop on her blog. You, too can own some of these splendid cards. Thank you, Jejune! And please give Lulu a kiss for me. (People, check her blog today and see the awesome picture she is finishing!)


And I also got my October yarn from ZenYarnGarden 's Artwalk sock club. The colorway is inspired by Picasso's Three Dancers. It's merino and secell. Oooohh, yummy!


Coincidentally, I finished a scarf knit in the first colorway from the club - Salvador Dali's Hallucinogenic Torreador. It's sock weight yarn, merino and bamboo, knit in seed stitch on size 3 needles. Light, and sooo soft!




And because everything is better with a kitty, here are the kids having a nap in the window.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I got my picasso sock yarn yeserday and I love it. I have never used seacell before and had no idea it was so shiny! Now I am waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be.

     
  • At 8:39 AM , Blogger Susan said...

    Your blog is a virtual representation of your corner of the world: subtle, soothing, and utterly compelling once it works its quiet magic on you. Thanks for the electronic equivalent of a cup of chamomile in my otherwise Lapsang Souchong day.

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love it when their little mouths stick out like Garfield!!! And what pretty pretty sock yarn... I'm very jealous:-) (And is Lulu on Jejune's blog today? I shall have to visit:-)

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Everything's just gorgeous! Beautiful, beautiful card...amazing yarn...and aww-kitties! Purr. ;)

    (One note - no, wait, I'd better email it. Security. Check your mail!)

     
  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    So glad you got your package, and love it all! Be careful of the Minties, they're addictive ;) The pack is actually of 4 Knitting Art cards, all different :D

    Cute kitties, as ever!

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    The yarn and scarf look good enough to eat (and very soft).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home