Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Knitting content

I have finished the Starry Night scarf from the ArtWalk Sock club. But for me, socks just don't hold that much charm. (It's the SSS. And it takes thought to knit both at once. If I had teeth of pearl and breath of lilies, I might call it langour, but as it is, I must confess to laziness.)


I was headed home from the college yesterday, and the rain began pelting down so hard that I couldn't see through my windshield. I pulled into a shopping center to let it slack off, and as long as I was there, I hopped out to check a bead store I had heard about. They had beads on sale. It was kismet. I found $30 worth of classy glass beads in perfect colors for only $10. They do add a feminine touch to the scarf and give it a lovely swing and drape.
Since everything is better with a kitty, Pepper jumped up to pose with the scarf.
























And speaking of posing, I have finally managed to get a few of the knitting hands off the desktop and onto the laptop. If you don't see your hands in the next few days, it's not because I didn't like them, but because I am computerly stupid. Why will some of them open and others won't?



7 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What a beautiful orange cat that is! And lovely knitting hands, all six of them.

    If the pattern's not too fiddly I actually prefer to make two socks at once (on two circs), even though it involves some gymnastics at the heel. That way 1) I don't have to write down what I did on the first sock to do it the same way on the second 2) when I'm done, I'm done.

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Beautiful hands! This is going to be fun to see.

    FYI, I emailed the judge (Cindy) and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime, it's hard to refocus on another project...

     
  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    You are not alone ... I have the same computerly stupid gene. At the moment I'm having problems with photos ... and by the looks of these two sentences ... dots too!
    xx

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    I got your email!!!

    Have replied.

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Shan said...

    I love the scarf, beautiful job. As always I am in awe.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The scarf is very pretty (especially with the kitty)!

    Great hands; I can't wait to see the rest.

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The scarf is coming a long so beautifully--and I love the pictures--I'm surprised at how varied they are. I would have thought they would have all looked the same but they don't...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home