Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

yesterday was shoesday

These are my favorite shoes. They are frivolous, impractical, and terribly "Girly." I love the pink ribbons on the ankles. I love the dear little round toes. I love the comfy 2 inch wedge heel and the nice neutral color. I love the way they make me look, and I love the way they make me feel. I stand tall and sashay in these shoes! Happy day after shoesday.







Today is Wednesday, starting with some sunrise color, and seguing into more rain and more rain. And then it's going to rain for a while. And the day will finish with rain. This is not rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock. This is rain like a leaky valve on the toilet so it runs and runs and runs just a little bit but constantly. This is the rain that keeps thing so lush and verdant up here. This is rain that knows how to saturate. This is rain with a purpose!





Mandatory kitty picture: Ben playing dragon in the castle. He shoots fire from his eyes!

Thanks to Miz G for the cat castle. The babies love it!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    What great shoes! And great pictures! Ben is monarch of all he surveys... unless you ask the other cats.

    Btw I got a lovely treat in the mail -- thank you so much!

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice sunrise - love those delicate colors behind the tree silhouettes. (Also loving the rain. My webs are expanding in relief.) And awww, Ben; no dragon shall enter his lair! I'd love those shoes, too. Nice! I had to give up on heels after mid-20's or so, as I really became aware that yes, after both my horses had so kindly stepped on each of my feet, some bones were in revolt. So I'm having pretty-shoe-envy. ;) Keep the sashaying going!

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Cute shoes and lordly kittens both help to keep shrews day away.

    I am having any kind of shoes envy. I injured my right foot and can only wear my pea green rubber garden clogs and my New Balance running (hobbling)shoes with the laces loosened. I tried to wear a different pair to work and ended up shoeless by 10:30 much to the delight of my littles.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love the castle--and I love the rain. You're so lucky to have both! (And cats who love the one and hate the other, as well!)

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie,
    Thanks for the good advice about the sweater. I hadn't thought of the one stitch cable limitation. I've been designing 'for the sweater'. I do have a two stitch cable in the front. Actually it has six two stitches cables twining all over the place. I also put in a ribbed cable, again a series of single cables...hmmm...I can email the judge assigned to me--she lives in Dallas, Oregon.

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Beautiful picture, and cute shoes! I can just imagine you sashaying.

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Shan said...

    I love those shoes!

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh they ARE cute!

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    I can see why those are your favourite shoes! Wedges AND bows - fabulous!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home