Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Packing for the trip

Going to attend the Empress (my mom) takes more forethought than does a vacation, because I know I will need to entertain myself. I went to the library yesterday and picked up half a dozen books on tape, and last night I went through the stash to see if thre was anything that needed to be knit up soon. There are all these little bits and bobs of turquise that will make a wonderful baby surprise sweater. I had to start last night, it was so appealing!






And My MIL called and asked for a brown, machine-wash cardigan. So I had to go to the yarn store.

Good old Encore! Reliable, inexpensive, and always a pleasure to use. MIL said I could use Red Heart if I wanted. I don't want to use Red Heart.






Having no discipline or self-control what-so-ever, I went over to the sale shelves. The Cameo was fifty per cent off. And it was pink. Before I knew what was happening, the credit card wasm sliding back into the wallet, and the pink yarn was cuddling into my bag and smiling up at me contentedly. Doesn't it look just like a bunch of roses? How could I turn it down? I'll take it with me and see what it wants to be.

Meanwhile, I need to pack clothes, books, toiletries, the lap top, meds, address book, and something else . . .

I probably won't blog tomorrow, since I'll be on the road, but I hope to make it to a Starbucks on Saturday.
New construction in the neighborhood. The sun caught that half-finished spiderweb perfectly and the paper for the new siding made a splendid background. The neighbors wondered why I was lurching around their driveway, crouching and squinting, pointing the camera, then scowling and shifting and pointing again. But they never said a word. Guess they didn't want to get involved with a local madwoman. Silly them.






And here's your last dose of kitten for a week. He looks broken and crumpled, but he's just crashed out and comfy. Pepper is equally adorable, but she doesn't photograph nearly as well.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL... Ben's pic really needs to be turned into a lolcat. I'm going to have possible phrases ambushing me when I least expect it now. What with the difficulty in photographing her, perhaps Pepper will have to be referred to as Miss Incognito?

    Very pretty start to the Baby Surprise; the Cameo is definitely like a rose garden (y'know, I was just thinking of a Portland roses colorway, and I think it's due to the rose petal packaging...); incredible spiderweb shot! Have a trouble-free trip. Will miss you until you can get to a Starbuck's! ::hugs::

     
  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Cat have the most amazing sleeping habits. I wish I could do that!!

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    My son once fell asleep while his head was on the floor and his bottom was on the couch... That kitten reminds me of that moment exactly..

    Give the Empress our regards....

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Good luck at your Mom's.

    My neighbors think I'm a bit loopy with the photographing in the backyard, even with an explanation. Yarn, half finished socks, me bending and twisting and even lying on the ground to get the “right” shot!

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I love pretzel kittens. Blessings on your trip, and on you, of course.

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Have a safe trip. And I'll miss the kitty pics.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home