Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 12, 2007

babes in joyland


Here's a typical darling child on her way in to Disneyland. Can you read her shirt? It says, "Patience Tester" Oh boy do they have that right! She was scampering free, screaming "No! No!" and laughing. As soon as I asked mom for permission to take the picture, the kid spotted me as an alien boogeyman about to eat her brain. She fled to safety where Dad patiently peeled her off his leg and laughingly displayed the shirt. Although repeatedly reassured by both parents that I was harmless, you can see she still views me with deep distrust.


Here are two more little darlings. I saw them several times over the course of the day. The wings were quickly bedraggled, but not surrendered, no matter how limp and twisted they became. The fluffy skirts got more and more crumpled and grungy looking. The floral crowns molted petals. I saw them on the way out, both piled in the stroller, looking like a couple of Anne Geddes urchins, sleeping like kittens




Beautiful little Belle here is obviously Daddy's girl and holds his heart in her two tiny hands. Her face is painted like a yellow buterfly to match her dress. I told her that she looked very pretty and she graciously replied, "Thank you vewy much."










Here we see an assorted cluster of princesses (Cinderella, Jasmine and - umm, someone in pink) strutting their stuff in front of the shop where mums and dads drop bundles of bucks to dress their darlings to the nines. Jasmine gets to wear pants. I wanna be Jasmine. Guess I oughta watch the movie first, though.






The entry to California Adventure is marked with the word California spelled out in giant letters. We had time to kill while waiting for the rest of our crew. I played with letters and poses. Here is my imitation of an Anne Geddess infant sleeping angelically on a giant letter C. I look rather more like a clean but psychotic brain-eating alien. Maybe the kid was right after all.







Fiber content? You want fiber content?Whattayathink I am, a breakfast cereal?


OK, here's the start of Dave's log-cabin pattern table runner. Those colors are soooo gorgeous! He spins and dyes masterfully.

Tomorrow, the old pro will be spending the whole day administering GED tests in another county. As in - leave the house before 6AM and get home sometime afte 7PM More fiber content on Tuesday. I finished the tuxedo vest and am starting a matching shell for me. Oh, and there are toe-cozys for a friend with a broken ankle in a cast. More fiber content on Tuesday.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Theme park madness! I love the way that little girls become grotty and totally bedraggled at the end of a dress-up day but still see themselves and clothes as being beautiful. Wish I had that level of confidence!

    Your guess is locked in and loaded. Yours is one of the more civilised guesses. So many are going after the 18th, by wich time I'll have gone nuts, I swear!!!!

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVE the photo of you all curled up on the "C". I wasn't thinking of an AG baby photo, more like going fetal after a bad vacation! ;)
    The weaving is SO great. It's looking wonderful. [Insert excited yet manly sqeal. I said MANLY.]

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    The table runner is really lovely. Not that I'm jealous or anything...
    Ah Disneyland. I've been a few times in my life. The last time was with a couple of Deb's friends who had YEAR PASSES.
    I am at Deb's; we are amused with the California Adventure C. Only Roxie.

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL at all the kidlet pictures. (They look so cute and innocent individually...) And lordy, you curled up in the C - that look on your face, simply priceless! (I make you laugh? You consistently have me in hysterics, m'lady. Truly.) Great hat, too. ;) I'm glad you're back, and glad Blogger is finally cooperating with the pix!

    The table runner is beautiful, beautiful... And dang, yes, Dave does gorgeous work. I love those colors and the way they blend together.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    oooooohhhh.... what wonderful pictures!!! Especially the psychotic brain-eating breakfast cereal, tucked into the C in California... (Nice weaving, Roxie--I'm, as always, in awe...)

     
  • At 10:12 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    LOL for the 'C' picture - brilliant :D

    Aaaw, those little girls are gorgeous, and sweet, and INFURIATING (well, I'm thinking of my own dear Dotter when she was that age)...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home