Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 18, 2007

the final three letters



N is for nestling into nooks.















I is for irresistable. In the beholder's eye is where that irresistability lies.











A is for agile. Which I am somewhat in comparison to other women who are three years short of 60. I'm listening to an Ellery Queen mystery, published about 1936, and there is one anciet ond guy in the story who dies pretty much of old age. He's 66. Perceptions of age have changed considerably since then!







This sign was posted in a cage at the petting zoo in Disneyland. It made me laugh and laugh.

No fiber-related photos today, but a couple of parcels got put in the mail.

I went for a walk with MJ yesterday and she plum wore me out! I got home, sat down on the ecliner, and fell asleep for several hours. She no doubt went on to play a couple sets of badmiton and write a paper for a communications journal. Oh well. I have a rich and active imaginary life.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Happiest Turkeys"... ::massive snorking noises:: Oh my stars and garters!

    And I say it again; elegant is the word for you. The lissome figure, the hat, the elan! Not to mention the humor. Oh yeah, and that knitting thing. ;) Thanks for all the laughing!

     
  • At 9:45 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I have friends like that...I only talk with them sometimes so that they don't exhaust me...

    Happiest Turkeys...as opposed to the ones running around my neighborhood who are only suburban middle-class turkeys...

     
  • At 10:05 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Have you ever read "Pooh's Workout Book"?

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Those letters are great, Roxie - and you are very supple - even more so for a woman who's SIX years younger than me. By the way, that tiresome scrabble dictionary probably doesn't recognise quokka and quandong - it only recognises bizarre and unwordy words from the foreign languages whose words it says it won't accept! If that makes sense. I'm sure you knoe what I mean . What are ZA and QI for goodness sake, if not foreign words? Don't get me started on the scrabble dictionary rant - I need to go to be (I've been playing scrabble online and it's now 1.17am. Nighty night!

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    PS I wonder if it recognises knoe?

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie,
    I think I got the decreases going the correct slant this time. If I emailed you the directions, would you knit up a two row sample and compare to mine? I'm most concerned about swatch 5.

     
  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    "I have a rich and active imaginary life."

    From what we read on your blog, you also have a rich active "real" life, too. Sometimes the imaginary one is more fun, tho!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Daaahling, you are WAY more flexible than me, and I'm a fair bit younger than you! Love those letter photos :)

    Silly turkeys. We used to live downwind from a turkey farm in Colorado - OMG what a stink!

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Flexible and inventive, with an excellent eye for color and silliness. (You could use that as a book review. Or not.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home