Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chewing my feet in fury

Again, Blogger and our server have combined to prevent me from posting pictures. God only knows why. It is certainly beyond my feeble powers to comprehend. And all I can do is hope that it will heal itself, or possibly take my posessed laptop to the highpriests of the Geek Squad who will exorcise the demons in return for some small sacrifie on my part. A first-born child perhaps? The silver in my fillings is surely not adequate recompense - even at today's inflated prices. I won't even bother to offer to sleep with one. That particular currency has devalued astonishingly over the course of my life.

So, another picture-less blog. Guess I'll have to illustrate with wordpower. I was going to show you a shot of the lovely hand-painted yarn I just recieved from the Zen Garden Artwalk sock club. The yarn is bamboo and nylon - and the colors are inspired by Dali's "Hallucinogenic Torreador." Looking at the picture, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined you could get nice yarn colors from it, but Roxanne has done a brilliant job. I photographed the lovely, muted red, grey yellow and white yarn wrapped around a red and yellow streaked apple. Very Flickerfiberlicious.

And I had another shot of the runner for Dave. It's three feet long now, and only half the yarn is used up. It's SUCH a treat to work with.

Lastly, I had three knitted toe-cozies for a friend with a badly broken ankle. They are large, to fit over his cast. The staid, sober grey tweed is for business wear. As he is a retired captain in the navy, I knit a navy blue one with four gold stripes for full dress. And the for at-home wear, there is a small, snug, sporty model I call "the Speedo."

If there were time, I thought I might also post a few more letters from "California." Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Have you upgraded to Beta blogger?

    A while ago I had problems uploading photos on my sidebar. I have no idea why all of a sudden it started working again. I know, no help from here, just encouragement that maybe things will right themselves. My best defense is to turn off the computer and start over...

     
  • At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had some troubles of my own non-blogger blog. Try posting only one photo that you've posted previously to see. I found I was saving it in the wrong format or something like that. It's worth a try to narrow things down. (Can you tell I do this stuff a lot???)
    THREE FEET long and still have left overs?

     
  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Owwww - I'm still laughing. Good thing my pelvic floor muscles are up to it! I wish that Wagga's zoo had any of the beasties you're talkng about but at best they've got a couple of rescued elderly kangaroos and a few aviaries. I'll just have to walk down to the highway and watch mad country drivers instead!!

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--your blogger almost blocked me a minute ago...

    The foot speedo is hilarious...

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Love the foot Speedo - you've done a good job conjuring up images of your lovely work! Looking forward to pics when The Blogging Universe decides to cooperate!

     
  • At 2:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bad Blogger, no biscuit! Maybe if you threw things at their tech support? Like full cans of Jolt or something? (Well, programmers are known to drink such anyway, and they're probably used to dodging... Bribe and threat in one.)

    I was snickering madly at the toe-cozies. Love the Speedo, yes, oh my; but got a kick out of the navy version, too! Visions of sailors saluting his toes!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home