Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 17, 2007

additional letters and an opinion from the old pro


.

I is for insousciant, imperfect, and impetuous













F is for f0rnication. Yayyy!














O is for occluded opening and obnoxious good cheer. (It took DH a minute to get this in focus. My thighs were trembling with strain. I used to be able to chimney right up something this easy. But how often does a women my age get the opportunity to chimney up small openings?)










Ris for relaxed rest and recreation.


As for the opinion of the old pro - Kristin asked, several posts ago, what I thought about getting a rigid-heddle loom for her daughter. I think it's great, as long as you don't figure on this being the only loom she will ever own. Rigid heddle is easy and quick to warp and use. It's limited in width and versatility, but for starters, it's great. Remember to avoid fuzzy yarn or yarn with a soft twist for the warp, because it will get a lot of abrasion during the weaving process. And tell her to be patient. You are teaching muscles how to do things. Muscles learn slowly, but they never forget. That's why you can ride a bike decades after the last time. Your muscles remember the incredibly complex dance of momentum and balance without having to apply to your brain for help. In time, she will have perfect edges and a quick, steady rhythm. It helps to sing while you weave. Good, four/four folk tunes with lots of verses.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Love it!!

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    And you really are very photogenic.

    Swatch photos coming this afternoon, hopefully.

     
  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Great letter poses. I'll bet you picked up quite an audience. I started my Hallucenagenic Torreador socks yesterday. The colors knit up unbelievably. Roxanne has some amazing talent. I can't wait to see what she does for Starry Night. Your table runner is so beautiful. I feel like such a slug when I read the blogs of all you wonderfully talented women!

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    All good and well and all that, but why not spell out your name? We could have made a new banner for the top of your blog with you in each of the letters.

     
  • At 2:28 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    dude, there's no S in california. You'll have to go amusement park hopping elsewhere to get a full banner's worth!

    I _love_ that table runner. It is turning out gorgeous.

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just love seeing all the expressions you came up with! Great fun. ;) Were you starting to wish there were fewer letters in California by that R, or did you skip the duplicates? [g] And I nearly fell over in hysterics at F!

    Hee - I sang or hummed while I wove, too!! Lots of Joan Baez folk songs, and a few from Tommy Makem & the Clancy Brothers. (Thanks to my brother for leaving those records behind when he went into the Navy in the 60's, or I probably never would've learned 'em!)

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    F is for FO!! hahahahahaha!

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the reply, Roxie! Now I'm debating between the Ashford Knitter's loom or the regular rigid heddle loom. Any thoughts on that? I haven't been able to see either in person or to talk about it with a knowledgable person. I'm plannning ahead for Christmas, but don't think I'll get to any weaving shops in the meantime to get some education.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home