Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cat-rich posting

There's an antique store near my local bookstore. I noticed one of the full-time employees taking a bath in the front window!




I got home to find dear old three-legged Jack enjoying the view from the dining-room table.






It was one of the warmest days we have had in a long time (clear into the upper 80s) so I took a blanket into the yard. Soon, Fly came to keep me company. What a handsome boy he is!



I had spent the best part of the day out and about running errands, ending with my annual physical. Today I am fasting till I get my blood drawn. How do people stand this? I'm ready to gnaw the keyboard! I know lots of people who don't eat a thing untill ten AM or so, and I'm dying here! Arrrrgh! Blood draw at 7, work at 8. I have to go pack breakfast and lunch and not eat a bite!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I've had the 3 hour fasting/blood sugar test done six times when I was pregnant (twice for two of the pregnancies)...you fast from six 0'clock the night before, go in, drink 8 oz of sugar water, and then get your blood tested every hour for the next three hours. I remember that Mate met me in the parking lot with fast food after one of these, and I literally almost knocked him to the ground I was so hungry... I truly feel your pain...

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I'm one of those not hungry when I wake up folks. I'm married to a guy whose hungry before he even wakes up in the morning. He's learned to forage on his own in the morning and I've learned to keep the kitchen stocked with do-it-yourself type breakfast things. He's also a very early riser and I'm not. About the time I'm up and hungry he's ready for second breakfast.

    Hope they find everything's as it should be.

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    When I have to do fasting blood draws, I treat myself to a coffee and donut breakfast. One of my favorites but one I cannot have very often. I have "wandering veins" and needle sticks are traumatic so I figure I deserve the treat afterwards!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home