Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sling chair

Yesterday, it got up to 80 (which is around 28 to your centigrade people) and that is just warm enough to put up my sling-chair in the backyard and swing in beamish bliss in the shade. I was still fully covered and wearing a sweater because the breezes are cool when you are lolling in the shade, but it was a perfect way to get in the mandatory reading that has been piling up. You know, those magazine articles on the right kind of detergent for your family and the catalogs that you intended to look over and the offer from your insurance company? Stuff you need to read but just don't get around to. So I dragged it out to the sling-chair and settled in for a careful perusal of my literature.

But this was the view I had, and somehow, it was sooo much easier to rest my eyes on that dappled verdure than to focus on the worthy things at hand.
Then Fly the cat came to join me, hopped up on my lap, scuffled the papers and magazines aside, snuggled down, and purred himself to sleep. I followed suit. Woke chilled to the bone and dopey with rocking and didn't get a darn thing done. It was glorious!!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm as green as your back garden grass!

     
  • At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    a perfect lazy day!!

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Heaven... sounds like heaven. Cats do know the best ways to party.

     
  • At 11:11 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    My cats are good napping helpers, too.

    By the way, your snowball bush is an oakleaf hydrangea, I think: http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/harmony.html. Makes me miss my Boulder Creek garden :)

     
  • At 11:11 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    My cats are good napping helpers, too.

    By the way, your snowball bush is an oakleaf hydrangea, I think: http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/harmony.html. Makes me miss my Boulder Creek garden :)

     
  • At 2:37 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    You must have needed the sleep - it sounds a wonderful way to have it.

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sounds like a grand day. Sure beats being stuck in an office for eight hours.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home