Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 07, 2007

At least thte knitting works




Happily knitting away at the bamboo and tencel swatch / tank-top. Loving it more as it grows (though the two strands of yarn sometimes go their seperate ways and I need to tink back to re-unite them. couples counseling for fibers.)

Weight Watchers was a bit of a disapointment, though. I thought I had been good all week long. I really did. And I gained six tenths of a pound. I may need to eat more than I have since I have been running just at the bottom limit of my allowance, and my metabolism may be slowing to compensate. I'm what farmers call, "an easy keeper." I put on weight quickly on just about any kind of feed, and lose it very slowly. That which is good in a cow is not fashionable or even healthy in a matron.

But I have been GOOD! so I took myself to Joanne's to buy a fat quarter of fabric to cheer myself up. Only one, right? Maybe three dollars, max. Well, they're on sale for 99 cents each. So I got six. And I had to get a frame and a mat for a picture to send my MIL before Sunday. And some big bright buttons jumped into my bag (6 for only $2. That's a mere fifty cents a button!) And a magazine and some stickers slipped past my defenses as well. I have no self-control at all! (But it was fun!)


It's sunny today. Yeeeha! Here is my favorite viewL looking up through the leaves. I love the varied layers of greens. If I get enough chores done, I think I'll take the wheel outside for a spin in the shade this afternoon.

And I'll have weight loss next week. If I have to stand there stark nekkid, I will.






5 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    The tank is looking gorgeous, and I absolutely love that lacy leafy sky picture. I can feel the warm sun and gentle breezes.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    THe tank is looking very nice--and, did you remember to pee? Drink LOTS of water the night before, and definitely pee....

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'll 2nd what Amy said, and if you start really getting desperate, toss in a diuretic or two!

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I recommend finding dye to match those greens and spinning up those colors to cheer you up.

    Try cranberry juice (the not sweetened kind from Trader Joe's that you dilute 7:1) and drink lots of that this week.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love you tree photo. I like doing that, too. Good luck next weigh in.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home