Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The wages offriendship



I offered to knit a swatch for my friend Teresa who dyes yarn for a living. She sells mostly to weavers, but this tencell/bamboo combo is so lovely that the knitters have been asking how it works up. So I started just a basic swatch, but the the bustier insisted on becoming reality, so you saw the results in the post before last. I turned it over to her yesterday and she gave me two (!) skeins of my choice. I picked the mermaid blue.




And then, she asked if I would consider knittine an all bamboo swatch for her, and gave me this frabjous skein. Do you think it would work for a lace scarf? Simple, simple lace. It's worth a try. I have my Barbara Walker books out.


Teresa will be making kits to sell her yarn with my pattern. Cool! And good luck to her! She does all her sales at artisan's shows around the west. No etsy account yet. But if you see anything you adore, I'll let her know.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Ok, so will she be at BSG in June? I get to work it during BSG, which I think is exciting, but if she's there, I'd like to check her booth out.

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I know where you can find a simple lace scarf pattern... but you probably want to create your own. Most of the Walker lace patterns are dirt simple, and you can usually tell when they're not -- I haven't tried any of the ones with 14 million rows yet.

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie,
    I reposted the photos of the granny squares; can you see them now? If not, I'll email them to you.

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ohhhh.... those wine-dark colors appeal to my dark side...definitely, get out the Barbra Walker and dream...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home