Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

we have snowballs


That's the only name I know for this bush. A snowball bush. DH whacked this bush back to knee high last year. It was over the house and covering six feet of lawn at the time. It is now springing up and blooming again, but not anywhere near as obtrusively. No fragrance, and not much vase life, but I do love bringing boquets of snowballs into the house in May.








Last night's knitting. It's cotton. It's soft. It's a mindless stash-buster, using up some weaving yarn multi-plied. It took 90 casual minutes from start to finish. Instant gratification!!

(It's a washcloth, silly!)

More to come. How many ways can I knit a washcloth? This is a mitered square. Cast on 20, place marker, cast on 20 more. K2tog after you slip the marker on every row. And like magic, in 40 rows, it's done!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    haha
    Before I scrolled down and saw the words, It's a washcloth, silly!, I thought to myself, that looks like a washcloth, what is Roxie making that looks like a washcloth? the start of a new and inventive way to knit a baby sweater?

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Oh, how sweet! A washcloth bush!

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxie, I love the snowball bush. That's all I know the bush by also. It is beautiful. xx

     
  • At 7:46 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Some kind of hydrangea? I'm terrible with names -- the plants have given up inviting me to their cocktail parties.

    Nice washcloth! Instant gratification is good.

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger msubulldog said...

    We call them snowball bushes, too. I have no idea what their real name is. But, yes, you can whack them practically down to the ground and they'll come up big and healthy the next year. *We had one at our old house in Hillsboro and I loved it!
    p.s. Thanks for your comments on my blog! :)

     
  • At 11:20 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    The universality of language, Roxie - as Janette said, we call them snowball bushes too, and it doesn't even snow here!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home