Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

An itsy bitsy bamboo bustier


The tencel and bamboo top is finished! Tah dah! Yes, I did go over to the dark side and finished it off with crochet. I expect it to be worn over a t-shirt or a tank top, but a daring (and firm) young lady could just lace it up over her bare skin if she wanted. The wenches in Victoria's secret do it all the time.
It's about a size 2. One skein of yarn goes only so far. Spaghetti straps. Lovely colors. Next, I think I'll hammer out some washcloths.
As you can see, we have more sunshine. I may even get out the sling chair and swing eneath the walnut tree this afternoon. Swinging induces very dreamy, dizzy, delightful sensations in my head. I feel it is good for my alpha rhythms and actually a needful thing to do. The sling chair is nice, but I miss my hammock.
Things to do, things to do. Must address twenty invitations to knitting before I hit the sling.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's very cute!!

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    So pretty! Thank you for sharing! (Yeah...the best skeins of yarn will really only make a size 2...)

     
  • At 1:08 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    I love the bamboo bustier - I'd need to be a lot slimmer and a lot bustier to wear it! I admire the way you can knit straight out of your head - I have to have a pattern.

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very lovely. When someone models it will you post more pictures?

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Just love the bustier - my Gothic daughter would wear it in a flash! Beautiful colours too :)

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love the bustier, colors and style. Also like the bush. Is it a rhododren?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home