Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, May 13, 2007

the latest meme





Our first rose, for you my lovlies!














You copy the list, bold the stuff you've done, italicize the things you want to do and leave the rest ordinary





Afghan
I-cord

Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting I figured this out independently. Should have run with it and written a book.
Participating in a KAL shut up and knit your Dave Daniels yarn
Sweater –
Drop stitch patterns

Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch pattern
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles –
Baby items

Knitting with your own hand-spun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting – what’s this?
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book--I've published a FICTION book where knitting played a part in the plot!
Participate in an exchange
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting
Knitting to make money
no one wants to pay for your time. I’ve made money. Couldn’t make a living at it.
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s hand-spun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related
Teaching a male how to knit

Bobbles I HATE bobbles!!
Knitting for a living-- ah, if only...
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch
Knitted flowers
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backward—
Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn
Stuffed toys
Knitting with cashmere

Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern--suck at it, but yes.
GlovesI
ntarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies I’ll probably get around to this, but it’s not on my list of must-dos.
Tubular CO
Free-form knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/arm-warmers
Pillows
do cat beds count?
Knitting a pattern from an on-line knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting if I get around to it..
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho

Knitting with dog/cat hair— Samoyed dog blended with angora bunny. It’s sooo soft!
Hair accessories headbands and scrunchies
Knitting in public

6 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Yeah, cat beds definitely count :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I knew you were accomplished, but this is ridiculous.

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oh a rose!! Our first one bloomed this week too, but it's not the one that we expected. I started to tell you about it here, but I think I am going to make it into a blog post instead. :) Thanks for the idea. :)

     
  • At 3:18 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    That is the most beautiful rose - does it smell as good as it looks? We can't grow roses in our little valley - it's too humid and doesn't get enough sun - but roses are my favourite flower. I echo Lucia's comment too!

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Beautiful rose. Does it have a fragrance? Roses are the only thing with prickles I allow in the yard.

    I'm not much for meme's but this one is interesting. I'll tackle this one on my next post. Can't tell bold or no bold with blogger or maybe it's me so I'll assume that what's not italicized is bold, well except for the bobbles (and I agree)

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow...THAT list is why you're a master knitter, darlin'--you've done 'bout near everything...someday, my list will look much like yours...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home