Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Look what the bunny brought!

For no reason what-so-ever except that she is wonderful and Easter is coming, Jannette in Australia sent me yarn. From Tidal Brook Yarns in Damariscotta, Maine came a kit by Handmaiden fine yarns. 200 grams of Lady Godiva 50% wool, 50% silk, and 100g of Silk Maiden 50% wool, 50%silk to knit a glorious cap-sleeve top. The picture, of course, doesn't do justice to the colors which are a trip to the ocean. Sea green shading into blue shading into greyish and thence into tan and back. I want to sleep with it. I cuddle it to my face and purr. Clear the needles - this will be perfect to wear with my newly slimming figure! Thank you, Janette! Thank you!!

Yesterday I took myself out and splurged on new eyebrow color to reward myself for sticking to the Weight-Watchers Program for a week. I released my inner fifteen-year-old and dinked around the cosmetics counters of the local drugstore for over an hour, selecting just the right $4 compact of color. It was a gloriously self-indulgent spree. Do you know they have press-on nails for your toes now? I laughed out loud.

Then I went to Joanne's to get a couple more square baskets to help keep the living-room tidy. I had to buy a keychain with a plastic pig that poops tictacs. After talking to DH about it, I have to go back today and get another one. We know two cops who don't take themselves too seriously. They will LOVE these piggies.

Today should be up into the 70s. First, I want to run to the tulip farms south of town and spend the whole day with camera and colors!!! But what I should do is finish those stinking query letters. Sigh. Decisions, decisions. If someone were to call me and invite me to run away today, I would (hint, hint) but otherwise, I'll be a grown-up. At least my office has a lovely window onto the front yard and the street. Meanwhile, the Himilayan blackberries are taking over the backyard . . .

5 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger margene said...

    Sounds like hanging around the cosmetics counter is fun and great way to reward yourself. The yarn is fabulous!

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The yarn is gorgeous - I'm looking forward to seeing it knit up!

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Go to the tulips, the query letters can wait...I just angsted about a query letter that had been gone for 4 weeks (with a promised 2 week turnaround) and it turns out they had moved since my writers market--I had to get the new address off of the net and resend. Tulips won't make you feel like you've wasted time out of your life.

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Wasn't it a glorious day - tomorrow is to be better I hear.
    I love the tulip/daffodil trip! My favorite garden art (a moose trellis) is from a tulip trip!!

     
  • At 11:22 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    The yarn--I'm drooling! What are you going to make????

    Thanks for your daily encouragement. It looks like tomorrow is the day I take the whole notebook to the post office and send it off to the guild!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home