Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 16, 2007

Are your taxes done?


Our computer has been a bit dyspeptic lately. My lack of posting certainly doesn't have anything to do with my lack of post-worthy activity. And if you believe that, I have some lovely ocean-front property in Utah to sell you.












I figured the least I could do would be to offer you flowers. Here are two lovely dogwood trees within a block of our house. The white one has probably been here since the pioneers arrived. The pinks are recent imports.








If you come to visit, this is 40th Avenue on the way to our house. I feel happy just getting this close to home. I really do love where we live!


Weight Watchers this morning. I was sooo good this last week. I even passed up a chance to sneak Lindor balls. And it paid off. Another 2.2 pound loss. That's 8 pounds so far. And since I was good all week long, I got to buy myself another item of makeup. Today, a $7.49 tube of "Voluminous" mascara. It was worth passing up a couple of Lindor balls for the expensive stuff!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I submit that that's 40th Ave on the way to your house even if we don't come to visit. You do make it look tempting, though.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful little spot you live in. I love seeing all that green, especially since we got about 8" of white, wet, heavy snow last night, and are expecting a few more inches tonight. I love New York, I love New York, I love New York....

    And my taxes were done sometime in February, and I've received my refunds and they're resting comfortably in my savings account. Thanks for asking. *muah*

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely neighborhood--and you are looking svelte and wondersome...(I love that mascara by the way...I think it's the name...)

     
  • At 10:15 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    oh so green! like Ireland!

    There's still some beach front property available in Utah? Yay! I thought it had all been sold.

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Love the green in that photo! I have to confess that sometimes -- okay, most of the time - I forget what green looks like, living in the noon-green desert as I do. The greens that do exist here are not as intense or pervasive as in most other places. I remember the first time we visited Zion NP after being down here for quite some time; the greens there literally hurt my eyes.

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I love your photos. With the hard freeze we had a few weeks ago the flowering crab never did bloom and may not recover. It looks dead. Our pink dogwood has just a handful of blooms this year.

    All the trees here look half dead so I will enjoy the dogwoods on you blog.

    ***

    On my gardening post you asked about how do I know where to put stuff? I don't. I just put it where I want it. Where I think it'll look good. Usually I buy a bush in impulse and the garden center then have to figure out where to put it when I get home. It's not "landscaping" but we're happy with it. And if you're not happy with where something is you can dig it up (before it gets too big) and move it or give it away.

    As far as the day lilies . . . the only one I can remember (I can't find any of the tags) is the Christopher Robin day lily. I usually buy them in late June or early July when they are blooming so I can smell them. If I'm not familiar with a plant or rose and there's not a blooming one for me to sniff, I usually don't get it. When I go to the garden center I sniff a lot of flowers!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home