Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

just blogging to stay in touch



Six thirty AM I was blog surfing and happened to glance up to see Sunrise Gloriosa. In the time it took me to find the camera and get outside, it had faded to Sunrise Mediocre. But thank Goodness I have made it through another night, safe warm and dry, with no bombs or gunfights or even catfights to disturb my rest. Every sunrise is a good one!!


The maple trees are fluffing up beautifully. I love those trees. In the fourteen years we have lived here, there have been five different families in and out of that property, and I always hold my breath when the guard changes. Please don't kill the trees. Please don't kill the trees. The current residents are the folks who got the whole extended family together, stripped the roof right down to the plywood, replaced sections that had dry rot, and re-roofed it all. They even had the five-year old up there. They own that roof!

Yesterday was one of those days when you spend most of your time in the car and feel as if you have accomplished nothing. And in the evening, I did mending instead of knitting. Cats on the bed equals rips in the quilt. Nice and warm on the lap, but tedious to repair.

DH spent three hours at the dentist getting fillings replaced. Does anyone know why the dentists are so crazy about replacing filllings on us old farts? I've had some of my fillings for fourty years now. They don't seem to be broken. Why should I fix them? After three hours under the drill, I would want to take to my bed with hot water bottles and cool compresses. DH just soldiered through like the hero he is.

If you want some visual delights, go check out Dave Daniels' photo gallery.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Even for mediocre, it's still a pretty sunrise.
    Kuddos to the DH. My mom had the same thing done. Why???
    MY photo gallery? What's over there? ;)

     
  • At 11:48 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    As one who is in the midst of the same kind of dental work, I can tell you what my dentist said--old fillings start to "leak" after thirty or forty years. He showed me photos/xrays. Esp the metal fillings.
    I get so pumped full of drugs, I'm a little punchy the rest of the day, not even good for driving LA freeways.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I hate mending!! Kudos to you for soldiering through it.

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    so pretty, darlin'-- I'm always glad when you stay in touch... (I've got a gold crown over 3 teeth I'd just as soon they pulled and replaced with falsies, but, hey, I don't make the big bucks...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home