Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 07, 2007

stash busting

Here's a chemo cap that's been needing to be seamed. I held the fun fur double and knitted it on size 10s. Thick, fuzzy and fast! And then we got to the sewing up part and languished. There's a sweater waiting to be sewn up as well.










And here is the baby afghan that is using up the dregs of the handspun Horned Dorset. I do love these mitered squares! A row of half-size squares at the other end and there may be a hat's worth of odd ends.It's so delightful to watch that pile of yarn melt away. I feel so virtuous!







DH and I were going to take a walk in the sunshine on one of the local bike-paths. The last time we looked at the weather, we were expecting sunshine and temps in the mid 70's. We woke up to the sound of rainrainrain. Oh well. April showers bring may flowers. And we all know what Mayflowers bring, right? Pilgrims!

May the bunny bring you a mess of chocolate eggs! And if we find you in a walk-in cooler with a box of marshmallow birds we will know you are just chillin' with your peeps.

So instead of walking for a mile or so in the balmy spring, we went over to the mall and dodged parents and kidlets on their way to get photos taken with the bunny. In spite of the mobs we still were able to break a sweat and managed three laps - that's 3/4 of a mile. Then we went across the street to the gym. On the scale at the gym, I broke the 190lb barrier!! That's stark naked right before lunch. (We go to the gym to hot-tub and shower, not to pump iron or run the treadmills. The other stuff is there, but we just don't get around to them.)I don't know if I will be able to bring those good results to the weigh-in on Monday, though. We are meeting friends tomorrow for Easter brunch. But if I fill up on carrots before we leave, and stay away from the champagne (there's a headache in every glass unless it's really good stuff.) and if I keep sipping water, maybe I can get through without a fall from grace. If I fall, I'll just pick myself up and do better next week.

Happy spring feasting to one and all!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Chillin' with your peeps... OMG, grrl, you are bad.

     
  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Don't forget---lots of protein w/that salad...and happy pagan day to you too...(and a little bit of chocolate...2 pts of chocolate can not possibly hoit!)

     
  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Don't forget---lots of protein w/that salad...and happy pagan day to you too...(and a little bit of chocolate...2 pts of chocolate can not possibly hoit!)

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Happy Easter!

    We are on the way to Deb's in Visalia for a couple of days. Tomorrow I shall hit the stores for my peep stash! Oh my, do I love those things.

    Have you seen the website where the "Hitlerites" do surgical experiments on the peeps? Just google it!

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    www.peepresearch.org

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Chillin' with your peeps! *snort* that is too funny!

    And I have to tell you, I did not ever consider doing the mall bunny photo thing - ugh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home