Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 09, 2007

Sunday brunch


We met J & C for Easter brunch. This picture doesn't show my girly shoes with 2' heels and pink ribbons on the ankles. I do love them even if they do make me taller than DH. J is 6'7" (I think) and we often tell strangers that we are brother and sister. He's the kid brother I never had, and I'm the big sis he always deserved. DH is wearing the vest I wove and sewed for him. He likes it. He really likes it!
I planned ahead, ate lightly for breakfast, and was moderate in my portion sizes. And still went 4 points over my daily limit. (It was the orzo and olive salad. Buffets are such temptation.) But I still managed a net loss of 1.2 pounds over the past week. None-the-less, I did slip, so no makeup this week. And my mascara is really running out, so I need to be ever so dilligent next week!
On the knitting front, I crocheted the tail ends of the handspun around the border of the orphan blanket and have it stretched and blocking right now. Next knitting project: an international orange pull-over hoodie sweatshirt for my 6-year-old great nephew. He plays in the woods. I want him to be easy to find. And the sweater MUST have a pocket because he's a six-year-old boy for pity sake. Paton's Encore I think. Heaven knows it has to be wash and wear. So I am now on a pattern hunt. Tally ho! (If it goes quickly, it would be wicked to knit one to match for his dad.)

5 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a terrrific picture! It makes me smile to see all of you so happy.

    Love the vest! Beautiful!

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. And it's SO lush out your way. LUSH!

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    1.2 pounds is 1.2 pounds! Way to go - the mascara will come!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah--I'm with Julie--any net loss is a net loss! Hm... as for the basic hoodie...

    There is a basic zippered hoodie cardigan for little kids on the Bernat web site... it's done in basic worsted weight yarn (they used it to showcase their camouflage, I think) that I was always tempted to make for my kids...it might give you ideas... (and it's FREE!)

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    You are such a firecracker! I love your big smiles, they always make me smile myself and make me wish I knew you in person!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home