Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February is speeding to its end!



Another shot on campus of a flash of blue sky. That was yesterday. This morning I spent twenty minutes scraping ice off my car windows. Variety is the spice of life!

The flowering bush is another of my favorites, and I can never remember the name. Peris maybe? It smells tropical, and the flowers look like clusters of lilly of the valley. One of the harbingers of spring.






This was an easy hat to knit while reading out loud for the recorder. Just garter stitch about ten inches wide. When it is 20 inches long all stretched out, sew the ends together and crochet in the top.

Yeah, you COULD pull it down to the skull and turn up a cuff on it, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny that way.




Tomorrow, the college will host a legion of high-schoolers who have expressed interest in maybe, possibly thinking about, you know, like sort of attending when you know, they like graduate, or whatever. I am scheduled to spend 9 hours giving them placement tests so they know what level of remedial classes they should start with. I need to remember to keep my mouth shut. Last year, one sweet little tart with two pounds of mascara kept squealing, "I really suck! I just suck! Omigawd, I suck!" And I wanted to say, "How happy your boyfriend must be." But I bit my tongue and thought about lawsuits and the urge went away. I may not have the strength to blog tomorrow, but I'm thinking of you all.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I envy you your spring while guffawing out loud.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    You can always make me laugh. "The urge went away", what a scream. But don't you just wish you could say what you think sometimes? Oh well, it probably would have gone over her head anyways.

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I know that kid! Hell...I probably taught her... (Lovely hat--you're so quick! I'm jealous! And I showed some students your farceeing hat from your blog today--they were soooooo impressed--I wish you could have heard them!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home