Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

no title Tuesday

Linda in LA asked how to do those side triangles.

Just pick up 16 stitches along the top of the side square, turn and knit. On one side of the blanket, you will need to knit a row, then turn and knit two together. On the other side of the blanket,start out by knitting two together. Knit every row, decreasing by one every other row. The edge you decrease on will be the straight edge. Don't over think this, it's self-explanatory. Just decrease where you would have decreased if you had the whole square and a stitch marker.

Miz G. in Bend might have a home for some of my excess linen.



Look interesting?


Dave's yarn came! Dave's yarn came! Now I can join the Dave's yarn knit-along! Ain't it purdy?

I was just getting stuck into the taxes thing yesterday when my neck went into spasm. My chiropractor was able to get me in right away, and since it was such a severe spasm, she suggested we try a machine that uses electrical impulses to stimulate the muscles, the theory being that the muscle will become tired and relax. I am the one person in a thousand who has a bad response to this therapy.
All the muscles in my upper shoulders and neck went into spasm. It took another hour of massage and ultrasound to get them to release. I then went home and spent the rest of the evening with icepacks and nurse kitties.(Fly sat on my lap and licked my fingers for twenty minutes. On her stint, Candy tucked in and growled at me if I tried to move. "Sit still. Get better, damn it!!") So today, I am stiff and sore from my bra-strap up,and I still have to get to work on the taxes. Wish me well.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Ooooh Dave's yarn is so pretty. A yarn diet is a lot like a food diet: as soon as you start one, all you see is candy.

    Sounds like having your assets seize up on you was a taxing experience. May you do better today.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Grrr, seriously annoyed with google beta blog. It ate my message when I tried to post it.
    anyway...thanks for the help with the triangles. I do tend to over think it. I'll post a photo later of my beginnings of the blanket.
    When Mia (Mary Rose) was in therapy for her elbow (injured in bike accident when she was chased by a nasty neighbor dog)she also had a similar reaction to the electric shock. Poor baby freaked out. I thought she was the only one in the world who had the experience--just comforting (not to you or her) that she is 1 in a 1000.
    Get well soon!

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Oh my, hope you feel better soon! Kitty therapy is good for the soul, and whatever else ails a body.

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you're feeling better today. Does the yarn help at all? ;^)

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Taxes are a pain in the neck!

     
  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger msubulldog said...

    Thanks for your comments on my blog! :) And, gee, I hope your neck gets better. Yeowtch!

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Whoa, taxes scare me, and I dread them this year.
    I hope you're feeling better today.
    Hey, that yarn sure looks purty in that basket;)

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ohhh ouuuuuuccccchhhhieeeee!!!! At least you could LOOK at the yarn though....that always makes me feel better. (amy lane:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home