Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 13, 2007

And the clouds blew in


When I went out at 5:30 this AM to get the paper, the sky was as clear as an infant's conscience, and as cold as a polar bear's bedroom slippers. When DH and I left the house at 7, the clouds were slipping in from the West like a lid being pulled shut over the valley. The sunrise managed to slip her rosey fingers under the edge for a few glorious minutes. Just long enough to wave good bye. And now, the sky is grey, grey, grey. At least, getting up early gives me a glimpse of cloudless climes.


Another handspun sweater is getting hammered out. Pale green this time. Big enough for a well-grown teenager.
href="http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/784/3138/1600/631968/IMG_0409.jpg">
With my usual neurotic precision, I marked for sleeve placement. (In other words, I folded the work in half, eyeballed what I thought would be adequate for an armhole, said, "That's close enough." Placed two pins. Folded the other side over, and placed two more pins.)

Now to pick up along the sides, and knit away.

Oh, damn! I forgot to make a hole for the head! Tomorrow, I'll show how I deal with that little detail.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You are replete with similes today, and even a metaphor or two. But please do not use a hammer to knit with. It sounds painful.

     
  • At 3:44 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Rug up and stay warm. Looking forward to seeing how you magically insert a head hole in this sweater.

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow! hi roxie. I didn't know you had a blog. I'll check in every day now.
    Yes the intarsia swatch is for level 3. BTW, entrelac has me confounded.
    I'm in OC until Wed. My bro had surgery and we are pleased that it looks the dr got all the cancer.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVED LOVED LOVED Sanna! Can't wait for the next book!

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is sooooo cold here...just looking at that sweater-to-be makes me fell warmer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home