Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 20, 2007

KIP

In accordance with Lucia's plan, I am knitting socks in public.

Dinner with C and J (and the DH) at the Olive Garden Restaurant. Our waitress told us that she attends Lewis and Clark College, and people are always knitting in class.

And here I am, working on the sock while at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company (where they make truely superior peppermint bark!!)

The Beaver is the State Animal of Oregon, and the mascot of Oregon State University. This nine foot tall monolithic snow beaver appeared in our neighborhood three days ago. We believe the beaver's presence may indicate the allegiance of the domestic resident.



And lest you think I have shot my wad,knitting-wise, I took the remnants of hand spun with me when I proctored a tax board test on Friday and got a start on a modular baby blanket. Size 10 needles. Co 16, place st marker, co 16 more. Knit every row, knitting two together every time you slip the stitch marker. 32 rows or 16 ridges and you are done with your first mitered square. Make two. Put them side by side. Pick up 16 from one edge, place marker, and pick up 16 from the other edge. Make another square. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmm...now you've got me thinking I should risk it all and have my photo taken knitting in public... I mean, if YOU did it, maybe I should, too?

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxie, the modular baby blanket is lovely. Beautiful colour combination.

    I cannot believe you are knitting while out with friends! This is just too much. Put is away girl and enjoy the company. What a hoot! How was dinner?

     
  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Brilliant! You are so clever with those modular thingies. And I love that sweater, but I want to talk to you: I think you are too much of a slave to convention.

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ooooh, Roxie, the mitered blanket! What a great idea. I'm going to try it tomorrow!
    BTW, I knit in public all the time. I don't have a photo of today's knitting of a sock in church, but it's true!

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fun stuff! Someday I'll do that with sockyarn, because I can! Hey--how is it that if I miss your blog for one day, I miss three posts? Baby doll, that's just not fair! (amy lane)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home