Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 18, 2007

hey look, another sweater


I finished the second sleeve and seams for the sweater I designed on line for you. Now I need a thirteen-year-old with ruddy cheeks and seven undershirts to model it for me. It's stiff, but just about windproof.

Now I am using up the odds and ends to make a blankie. (or maybe a bunting. We'll see.)


Meanwhile, I am spinning some yarn for Lucia's inspired sock knitting in public party. I'm at the plying stage and thought I would show you how I handle those runaway cakes of singles. Two wide-mouthed, wider-bellied vases picked up for a quarter apiece on the last day of a garage sale. (I smile apologetically and say, "All I have is fifty cents. I know you're asking a dollar each for these vases, but if you don't sell them today, what are you going to do with them? Would you consider letting me have them at a deep,deep discount?")


Here is Blackjack, aka Jack the Ripper, aka, Jackaroo, my sweet babboo. I have made him a nice loungable nest next to the heat vent under my desk. He is as comfortable as possible and all it would take to make him blissful is a plate of tuna and to get rid of that damn splint.

It's still snowy, and I still hate it. It has passed the pristine blanket of unsullied white stage, and is getting to the soiled and melty stage. Yesterday our writer's group was cancelled due to snow, so one of the gals got on line and challenged us to have a virtual meeting with poems about the snow. Most of them are very sweet, admiring Mother Nature's blanket sort of things. Mine?

Colder than a dead eskimo.
Colder than a polar bear's bedroom slippers
Colder than a tin toilet seat on the shady side of a glacier.
Colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.
Colder than a well-digger's belt buckle.
Colder than a step-mother's heart.
Colder than a spurned debutant. (thanks, Amy)
Colder than
Colder than
Colder than shitsicles!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Very clever, and much cheaper than a lazy kate. (Elvis seems to have borrowed my lazy kate. Who knew he was a spinner?)

    Maybe Jack and Mr. E should form a support group? (Mr. E's leg is healing well after a very nasty skiing accident. He didn't like being laid up either.)

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    my sentiments exactly about snow

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    awwww....I helped inspire a masterpiece!!! (shitsicles...hee hee hee...AWESOME word...) Jack actually looks pretty self satisfied--as though he injured himself so that the world may bend to HIS specifications...you WILL get him that tuna, and the world will correct that complete under-petting problem... (as if your kitties would ever be under-pet:-) Okay, you people have got to stop showing me spinning wheels...I'm getting all excited and I am in no position to start another hobby...besides, I have a daughter named Bryar Rose--that's just bad karma WAITING to happen...

     
  • At 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH--hey--the sweater is AWESOME...I like the innovative design... (isn't that a fun word for 'playing around with yarn'--innovative...) seriously--it looks great!

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Okay, I know you like the heat, but I do think you'd be beaten with continual 35-40c, day after day, even with the air-con going, it's still hard to knit and keep cool. As to outside activities - who the hell wants to be burned to a crisp!
    BlackJack looks so forlorn sitting there. Where are his servants?!! They should be serving warm snapper, or fish of any description. Tummy, chin and back rubs please.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home