Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 12, 2007

sweaters in the sunshine


Back before I had a digital camera, I whipped up a couple of sweaters for the orphange in Romania, so I decided today to get pictures of all of them (brag, brag!) and I had promised my blog buddies Janette and Grandma Flea in Australia to send a picture of a cold dogwood tree. Here are three cozy happy sweaters. Two are handspun, home dyed, and hand knit.The grey one is knit from some wonderful vintage wool I grabbed at an estate sale for about fifty cents a ball.They are sitting in front of a cold little dogwood tree. I will send pictures of the tree as the season makes changes.

As for the sweaters, I have started a larger pale green one that is not yet ready for photos. And I have a growing accumulation of small balls that will be going into a wildly stripey vest.

Meanwhile, the January cold snap has hit. It was twenty degrees out there while I was trying to pin the sweaters into pretty arrangements for their photo shoot. My finger tips turned the most interesting shade of purple.

I'm off for my annual mammogram. If men had to go through this, they would have already developed a system where you could put on furry mitten, rub it gently across your breast, and phone in the results. Believe me, guys, "turn your head and cough," is not the worst thing that can happen to you as a regular medical procedure.

But I have loaded up the basket with knitting to soothe me, and some extra cash so I can go buy myself a cookie when it's all over. Wish the nurse would give out lolipops to us big girls when we're good.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Or yarn. Best of luck. Nice sweaters, but you knew that.

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am not liking this new blogger system with having to sign into Google. It lost my comment I think, but who knows maybe it's waiting for moderation, I just didn't see it tell me that.

    Anyways, I love your sweaters for the kids in the orphanages. That's what I do for CIC, I know those kids need it.

    I did that mammo last month and have to go back for a second one in a week. Not fun!! I hope yours goes well for you.

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    (I lost my fist comment - hope this isn't a repeat)

    Try minus 12 in Camp Sherman this morning - but a beautiful cloudless sky to match!
    Loved your story about the cinder pit - thats what you get for tagging along!!

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't know... men have to go through a vasectomy--they have to send an electrical current through their nads to make that work--I just think men aren't that smart about pain!

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey! I am a man and tried knitting. After they removed the needle from my thumb, I gained a lasting respect for women who can create those soft thing we wear.

     
  • At 10:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are doing some great work, Roxie and the colours are so warm and cheery. And we know they'll go to good homes. So that's what a cold dogwood tree looks like - cold! In fact it looks really chilly out there - that's -4 or -5C. It NEVER gets that cold in Sydney. I can't post any scorched tree ferns for you just yet - I still haven't come to terms with Blogspot and the Mac. Speaking of which, I don't exist according to bloggy blogger. I can only leave a comment if I get into my own blog and then open others - don't ask me how I get into my blog - I don't know.

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hi Roxie

    The sweaters are just wonderful. You are so creative and kind to do so much charity knitting. I'm terribly selfish and knit for myself mostly. Your handspun and dying is so good too!

    Good luck with the mammogram.

    I love the dogwood tree when it is in flower (stupid thing to say, I'm sure most people do!). I have a couple of arty framed pictures of the dogwood, I should get them out and hang them. They are lovely.

    Enjoy your cookies and keep warm.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home