Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, January 28, 2007

My 201st post!


The end is in sight. I need seven more full squares, and eight half-squares to fill in the ends, and the baby blanket will be ready to deliver. Since there has been noplanning involved in it at all, does it count as a random act of blindness?
My visit with Linga G. yesterday was untrammelled delight! Thank you Linda! She is a woman of wit and generosity, and I have loved her for decades. Yes - almost three decades. We get together after a lapse of months or even years, and it's as if we saw one another yesterday. We laugh from the belly, with heads thrown back. We share tears. We brag and kvetch and spread out the blessings like a big down comforter. I went over to celebrate her birthday, and came away feeling as if I was the one who recieved the presents. Thank you Linda!
I am at an age when people are dying around me. Friends and family are passing, and there's no telling who will go next. Take the time, today, to sit down and write a love letter to someone - anyone - who will leave a hole in your life when they go. Tell them what it is about them that you most enjoy. Put it in writing and mail it off. This is an opportunity to say those things that you always assumed they knew and have never put into words. Keep a copy for yourself. It's a blessing for both of you.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Thanks Roxie--it's a good reminder...It's been a rather 'mortal' week for me--I'll definitely think of someone to write to. (amy lane--who is, by the way, about sick to death of blogger forgetting who she is...progress, BAH!)

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well said, Roxie. We've lost so many friends and family over the last few years - it's a very confronting reminder that none of us knows which day will be our last - with all the things that are unsaid and undone.
    Grandma Flea
    (it's reassuring that Blogger forgets who other people are, not just me)

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    So true about writing letters to your loved ones! When my mother died - John Hampton asked for my advice (since he was dying of brain cancer) as a daughter what he should do as a dying father...I was very touched and wrote him a long letter saying what I wished most was that I had asked mom more questions about how she felt about her life. So I told John to tell his kids (really as adult as we are)how he felt about his life, about them, about what he was most proud of, etc....and to write it down. I'd give anything to have something like that that my mom wrote. She was pretty private so you never were sure where she stood or how she felt - actually I think she was overly polite!
    Anyway - write it down!!

     
  • At 4:25 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    That blanket is looking absolutely beautiful Roxie!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home