Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy birthday Linda!



Glory, glory! Sunny Saturday sky! Thirty eight degrees with a brisk breeze, but sunny! Hooray!













The blanket continues to grow. Yes, I did dye the yarn myself. Iused a nifty dye powder called Dyelon that I found at the Mill End fabric store for the yellow and the peach. And I used some Australian dye powder in the shades of opal (bluish,) ice (greenish,) and gallah (big fat magenta pink!!) The pale pink is Rit. I also dyed t-shirts, socks and underpants, because I had the dye and I ran out of yarn.





I made Linda G. a pair of pop-up paws for her birthday and couldn't show them untill today when I get to deliver them. Linda is taking a wonderful approach to her birthday: she is celebrating all month long! I used the slip-stitch from my self-heating mittens and knit them on size 8 (you gotta size up for slip stitch) with Cleckheaton wool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home