Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oh my ears and whiskers!

TV knitting took me through the news news and one half-hour of "Scrubs," By then, I had used up 4 of the twelve balls of yarn,and the fabric looked to be about half as wide as a toddler sweater oughta be. I divided for the front because I remembered how hard it can be to pull a sweater over the head of a toddler. Cardigans are ever so much better. Another half-hour of "Scrubs" and an hour of "CSI Miami" and it was time for bed.

Jack and his broken leg had to go back to the vet. She is surprised at how well he is doing with just a slpint, though she still advocates the surgery and pins option. She removed the existing splint to check for sores or displacements, and he is doing just great. A new splint, and we were ready to go. In all, another hour of knitting time.

I watched "Knitty Gritty" during my lunch, and knitted while it went on, then got sucked into "What Not to Wear," and finished the body of the sweater. Eight out of twelve balls used up.
This is the body piece spread out.
This is the cardigan folded as it will be worn.

Tomorrow, sleeves.

And a note to the grammer police. Lucia is right. It IS, "My two cents' worth." In Marine-speak, "I sorta stepped on my dick." Apologies to the easily offended.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So apostrophe man visits the USA too, does he? Or maybe that's where he hails from and just comes downunder on holidays! I like the design process - how did you ever work out to knit sideways so your stripes would be vertical - for the spatially challenged like me, that is like doing a PHD in astrobiology.
    Cheers, Grandma Flea (whoops! - I've forgotten another password - seems to be a bit of a problem ..)

     
  • At 3:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those are such cute little knitted pants;)
    And as far as your 2¢, you're entitled to it!
    Now, the stepping on your own %*$(, I've NEVER done that.

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's funny--I like what you watch while you knit! My family does the Comedy Central Scrubs marathons, and the show just gets better the more you watch it. (And I can privately admit that CSI Miami is crap, but that doesn't stop me from watching EVERY EPISODE. Mate says my David Caruso impression is dead on..."Well, Roxie, that's why they call it yarn to die for..." Can you just hear the inflection? Hee hee..)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home