Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I think I broke it.

I tried for two hours to scan a photo and put it inot the blog. It should have worked. Lulu and RooBeeFaye both explained it to me in simple little words that my simple little mind should have comprehended, yet no matter how carefully I did what they said, it didn't work. so I gave up in disgust and tried to get e-maiil and discovered that our computer, well, let's just say that it is not a happy box. It won't let anything out and everything coming in is doubled. I think I broke it.

the next day, DH and a beloved geek friend worked to cast out the gremlins and finally had to give it up as a bad job. We were advised to back up EVERYTHING, just in case the whole system goes south. I've got three novels on that hard drive! And over twenty short stories and a bucketfull of poems. E-mail addresses! My diary!! How do I get e-mail adresses onto disc?

And sunday we had to abandon the wole thing and jusst walk away. Friends of ours with a beach house on the Long Beach Penninsula had invited us to join them for the fourth. I will try to get messages out as opportunity presents itself.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    It's good to see you back, Roxie, but OMG! Please tell me you have everything backed up now. Just the mere thought of losing that much writing... I think I need smelling salts.

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roxie,

    Call me. I have a zip drive. I have gmail. I am a geek. I have TWO digital cameras. And a digital camera in my cell phone.

    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home