Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 23, 2006

Look what I found

I used to be a professional weaver until I blew out both shoulders and a disc in my back. I was looking for a particular tablecloth (Still haven't found it) and ran across some leftover handwoven yardage ends. Anyone want some handwoven coat-weight wool, oatmeal and beige stripes, 27 inches wide, 2 yards long? How about some dark teal tweed, about 30 inches by 25? It would make a great tea-cozy, or a poncho for a kid, or a heavy vest, or - geeze, I don't know. It oughta be good for something. If you can think of a good use for it, I'll ship it to you.

I know, I know, pictures would help. But life is an adventure, andd the price is right. If it sounds appealing, why not take a chance?

Lovely warm sunny afternoon yesterday. Jack cat and I took the spinningwheel outside and plied singles. I don't think I'll try dying my roving again. I didn't get it rinsed enough, so lots of excess came off on my hands as I worked, and then when I washed the finished yarn to set the twist, It turned several shades paler. I know there are successful ways to dye roving, but I'm so happy with the results I get dying the finished yarn that I think I'll just stick with that. Time to set up the drying rack in the shade and hang out those mottled pastel blue-green skeins.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roxie, I came by because of your comment on Harlot's blog. I laughed til I cried. Then I read YOUR blog. Repeat, with extra tissues, and a serious amount of marvelling. Thank you for being so very good with words.

    Oddly, I too wanted to write the art-review, but mine had phrases like "horror-shop grotesquerie" and "intestinal strings pinned into sharp angles".

    You're amazing. I hope you find and alternate form of weaving.

    The Gordian Knitter (who posts about once a year, sorry)

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger boobookittyfug said...

    This is about your art critic post on Stephanie's blog. That was marvelous, you are brilliant, thanks.

     
  • At 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll take the material. I'm sure I could put it to good and creative use!
    LOVED your comment on the yarn harlot's blog yesterday. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger kathy b said...

    I come to you from Pumpkin Knitter Pat's blog. I just love her. Looks like she is thrilled with your laceweights. How KIND of you.

    Hope you get to post some photos soon. Sounds like you are an incredible knitter,spinner etc.

    The cowboy cookie story was so funny!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home