Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 30, 2006

Can I post photos without a digital camera?

I have been in hand to hand combat with the computer for over an hour, trying to figure how to scan a picture and get it up on the blog. I have the scanning part down, and I can even get it into an e-mail as an attachment, but blogs don' need no estinkin' attachments, and I am up the proverbial crick without the paddle.

And it just occurred to me that even if I HAD a digital camera, there is a certain ammount of learning needed to get the picture out of the little box and into the big box. Anybody have any suggestions about easy to use, favorite, easy to use, reasonably priced, easy to use, versatile, easy to use digital cameras? I can manipulate manual tools quite well, but put a power source in anything, and I'll either break it, or cut myself. The vacuume and I maintain a cautious armed truce while I keep reducing the ammount of carpet needing care. The dishwasher crouches malevelontly under the counter, biding its time, waiting for a truely terrible opportunity to either errupt in broken hoses and mouse nests, or go on strike with 10 dinner guests coming in twelve minutes, and not a clean plate in the house. I regularly sacrifice a bit of fingertip to the sewing machine's spirit, and always play books on tape to keep it distracted while I sew simple "straight" seams on items that do not need to fit - usually pieced comforters. DH handles the TV. Driving a car is a daily miracle right up there with water into wine and raising the dead.

But any words of advice or direction on how to get pictures onto the blog would be eagerly received and pondered. Clues? Hints? suggestions? GRATITUDE!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Yeah, that should work. I think. I haven't scanned anything in quite a while. As best I recall, the scanning software should give you an opportunity to save a scanned photo in .jpg format, and once you have it saved you click the little picture icon in Blogger, click Browse, and go find it. Email me if you want excruciating detail.

    As for cameras, we have a little Kodak one, and we sprang for the little stand it sits on that keeps it charged up and also has a button you can press to upload all the pix to the computer it's attached to, which has Kodak picture software on it. Unfortunately KPS won't talk to our new(er) computer, so I have to upload them onto our old, extremely cranky one, then transfer them over.

     
  • At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roxie, get a Canon Sure-Shot. Jenny and I have two of them...easy to use, does a lot (I know that scares you) but, hey, a few weeks ago you couldn't blog either. You still can't spell worth a damn.....

    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home