Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunny Day with comics

Went to a party at my friend Lisa's last night. She is brilliant! Not only does she write wonderfully, cook like a kitchen goddess, and garden like the pro that she is, she also welds and drives race cars! And when she planned this party, knowing that there would be swarms of rug-rats, she went to the dollar store and made up goodie bags for them. Bubbles to blow, sidewalk chalk, plastic leis to be silly with, plastic bugs and lizards - I was jealous of the kids! I lay down in the driveway and got one of them to draw an outline around me so I could play with the chalk, too. DH was in the garage with the gear-heads looking at dis-emboweled vehicles. Thank goodness the wrenching-on-cars disease is not contagious! He can appreciate without needing to dive in.

And, as usual, all my switches tripped to "Off" right about 8 PM, so we toddled on home. I slept until 6 AM this morning! Talk about a seriously lazy Sunday sleep-in! Obviously I had filled right up to the brim with fun and it just tipped me straight over into sleep! No fiber work accomplished yesterday.

But today - we are going to the farmer's market and I am taking some double-pointed needles to the guy who makes hardwood fountain pens, to see if I can get him to make me some exotic wood sock needles. Maybe even some short glove needles. Anyone have any favorite wood to knit with other than bamboo?

And as long as we are at the market, well, it's still strawberry season . . .

4 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    That was a pretty good comment on the Harlot's blog. Keep on entertaining all of us, it's great! So glad you "stumbled" across my blog last month, you make my day!

     
  • At 6:17 AM , Blogger Landstown Poultry said...

    A word of warning about hardwood for sock needles. While they are really nice and lovely, they are much more likely to snap than bamboo or other, more flexible wood. I have snapped so many more rosewood and mahogany needles than I have bamboo. That's not saying much, though, I suppose - considering I've never snapped a bamboo needle.

    All that being said, I love how well rosewood works with most sock yarns. They are just slick enough, without being too slick. Just watch out...they really do love to snap.

    I stumbled over here after reading your wonderfully worded "art review" on the YH comments. :-)

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oohhh... a needle maker at the farmer's market. What a treat. Our farmers markets don't have artisans, but they do have apple cider donuts.

     
  • At 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, Roxie, you're busted. I told folks about the little kids playing Crime Scene at Lisa's and these wacko child welfare types all thought someone was letting babies watch CSI! Now I know it was just you...corrupting the youth of America...do I really want Mags working for you? She's corrupt enough already

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home