Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ahhh, scatterday!

People with children have an entirely different experience of Saturday. People with children don't get to sleep in. They have to roll out early and head for soccer games and camp-o-rees and bike-a-thons and enormous grocery shopping trips. I know people with school-age kids. When I beeble on about my halcyon Saturdays, they give me a look between bitter envy and acrid annoyance. So I will not beeble. But it has been a grand day.

OK, I'll beeble just a little bit. Stephanie Pearl McPhee responded to one of my comments on her blog! (http://yarnharlot.com) Oh wow! I have been virtually touched by greatness! I went outside in the glorious dawn and danced in the backyard in my bathrobe and slippers. I frightened a raccoon. The neighbor's dogs woke up and barked at me. (No worries. They bark at passing squirrels, falling leaves, noisy earthworms - barking is their hobby.) Thanks to all the folks who read my comment and then dropped by to visit my blog!

I took the LOUD sweater off the needles last night. OK, it's not actually toooo ugly. Next step, trying it on. And then, photos.

What's next? I'll finish the white wrap sweater, then start the fast-foot socks. I have an ever-so-easy shawl on the needles for movie knitting. I plied 8 more skeins of yarn last night and washed them up. At least another 8 to go. Then three more bumps of experimentally dyed roving to spin off. Never again. After this, I'll dye only finished yarns. It's amazing how much better I can stay on task when I'm reporting to people about it. Thanks for listening!

By the Way, Joanne, how can I get the fabric to you? Leave me a return address or e-mail or something.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I always pick the wrong day to take a holiday from blog-reading. Your comment was hilarious. I don't know how anyone could read it and not laugh. Your greatness is manifest, Harlot or no. (Although getting email from her is really, really cool.)

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Carol Ann said...

    Popped in after seeing your comment on The Harlot's blog. I am simply awestruck by your "review". It was friggin' brilliant. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home