Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Taking the baby out in public

I took the fast-foot socks to the knitting group yesterday. It was premature. I'm not sufficiently accustomed to the pattern to work it without paying attention, and will have to tink or frog a couple of rows. And I didn't pay enough attention to the writing, either. Just because I can work the socks flawlessly while watching re-runs of the Simpsons doesn't mean I have the process down pat yet.

We have three cats: Dear old Jack, saucy young Fly, and our bi-polar girl, Candy (and her evil twin, Pickles. You never know which one you're petting till she hauls off and shreds your hand.)
Since it's dry and warm outside, Fly wants to play the door game constantly. Lately, when he wants to go out, and his slaves with thumbs won't respond quickly enough, he pounds on poor old Jack and gets thrown out. Jack does not like being used as a doorbell. He has taken to spending his time on my lap, but what will he do when I'm not here? Thank God I don't have kids!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Kids eventually learn to operate the door themselves. Of course this can be good and/or bad.

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Roxie - I actually was thinking about the Deschutes County Fair - I've got socks that are in storage until Christmas that might work, but not much else - lots of in progress.
    If I go to Canby I'll let you know!!
    We've had the heat here too - but lots and lots of rain last night - something like 5300 lightening strikes too!! Good Rain!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home