Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 16, 2014

oops

 I wrote a nice post about our tea party, and absent-mindedly posted it on my other blog - http://roxannawrites.blogspot.com.  It's got photos and everything, but I don't know how to bring it back.


During our snow event, I did a lot of knitting (big surprise) and worked this warm and wooly kid-sized poncho.  Actually, it fits over my head just fine and covers me down to the elbows, so I guess you could call it a ponchoette. Or a thermal layer that will keep a kid warm for decades as they grow.  I am diligently trying to knit down the stash, but I'm beginning to realize that I might not live long enough.
And then I pulled a sweater out of the closet and found moth holes.  None of the other sweaters have been attacked yet, thank God.  Now the closet reeks of naphthalene (moth balls) and It just made more sense to unravel a sweater I don't wear that often and would have been hell to mend.  There were lots of short strands.  I kept anything over a foot long, and spread the rest outside for the birds to find when nesting season rolls around.  Hoping the neighborhood will be full of smokey blue and dusty rose merino accents in the new nests.

After the snow and the freezing rain, we are now getting a bit of a monsoon - torrential rains and unusually mild temperatures.  Portland KNOWS how to do rain.  And we need it, so it's all good!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Moths, I hate those little beggars that eat your carpets, blankets and sweaters.

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie! That's very pretty, and looks real warm. I wonder if it's as warm as by Möbius scarf and hat? No? I didn't think so. Thanks again! Indigo x

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was looking at the tiny footprints in the snow this morning. The cats' are in a straight line and the bunnies' are all over the place and then there are the mailman's which are deep and large and straight across the front lawn. More snow tonight.

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Anonymous benita said...

    I keep moths away with lavender and peppermint. They hate the smell and I like them far better than moth balls.

    Sorry about the sweater.

     
  • At 5:31 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We've been getting rain also, which the area really needs. Tomorrow, they're talking snow. ICK.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Hate those moths! But at least the birds will benefit.

    I'm working hard on knitting down the stash too. Two steps forward, one step back.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home