Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, February 07, 2014

For my friends in Australia

Most of the winter we have managed to dodge the bullet, but last night, we took a direct hit.  Tonight, more is predicted.

I hate snow with the cold bitter hate of a Klingon warrior.  I spent yesterday in my pajamas in protest.  I may repeat the act today.  I want to curl up with blankies, light a fire, and ignore this freezy skid stuff right out of existence!

But I know you folks in Oz would be thrilled with the water and the cool temps.  It's below freezing since night before last.  It will stay that way till Sunday afternoon.

Portland is not good with snow.  We don't salt the roads, because it poisons the soil and rots the cars.  And Portland has lots of hills.  Add to that the folks who have moved up here from Southern California and think that their four-wheel-drive vehicles have excellent stopping traction on snow and ice.  The city will be pretty much shut down for the next two days.
The groundhog was right.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Poor Roxie! At least you can stay in in your PJs and not face it.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I TOOK PHOTOGRAPHS FOR AS LONG AS I COULD STAND IT IN THE COLD. I DISCOVERED I NEED BETTER BOOTS FOR HIKES IN THE SNOW!

     
  • At 2:43 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Sympathies! I go in hibernation mode with cold temps, too!

     
  • At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Portia's Cloth said...

    Just looking at the snow makes me feel better - here in Melbourne Australia it's going to be 104F today cooling to a mild 86F overnight before a change tomorrow moring. I might just hide until that happens

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh that does look lovely Roxie - thank you for the great photo. I especially like the little paw prints in the snow!

    As Portia's Cloth has indicated, another warm one here in Oz. Sydney today will be no way near Melbourne's temp, so we are better off, but I'm over summer now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home