Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 08, 2014

If it weren't for the internet. . .

front yard at 5AM, Feb7, 2014
 If it weren't for the internet and my friends on Facebook and the blogverse,I would have no idea that it is predicted to be 104 today in Melbourne, and that most of Australia is under fire watch warnings.  If I saw only our local news, I would think the whole world was under a blanket of snow they are ill-prepared for.   Why, even the Olympics are ill prepared and snowy.

So what else is going on out there that I don't know about?  Are the hungry being fed?  Are the naked being clothed?  Are people celebrating birthdays and weddings?  Thank Goodness for the internet. It's my window on the world.

Here in Portland we are having a cross-country ski parade in downtown, because we can.  And the annual Polar bear Plunge has been re-scheduled because of snow.  We are expecting more fluffy white stuff today, then rain and freezing rain tomorrow.


Kyle, my intrepid husband, quite calmly drove to the bank and to the store yesterday, and reported that the idiots are out in force.   You can drive as safely as a tank, and still be wiped out by some maniac in a Trans-Am with bald tires.  When your light turns green, you wait while the stupid people with the red light slam on their brakes and slide through the intersection, then you carefully thread your way between them. I'll stay comfortably inside, thank you.

(not my photo.  I have a friend who sends me "Digi-prizes" for getting 5000 steps in a day.)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Stay safe and warm while enjoying your window on the world :-)

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    The internet is a life-line to me, too. Too many friends and family separated by miles but connected by internet....

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Yes, I for one know I am not capable to drive in the snow or ice, so I chose to stay home and save lives! Now hope my stash of food will outlast the weather. Just received notice that the pastor cancelled church tomorrow as he wants people to stay home and stay safe. Smart man!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home