Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 24, 2014

Another wingspan


My niece, Michelle, asked for a black / silver grey scarf.  I had some alpaca yarn in the stash.  Hope she likes this.  God, it was a pleasure to knit!!

Since no one asked for it, I gave the orange scarf to Medical Team International, along with a quilt and a mess of scarves and hats, and one baby jacket.  This way, I get to play with warmth and color, and other people get to wear warm things made with love and a prayer in every stitch.  I like to think of some youngster in an orphanage in Romania, bundling up in that orange scarf and feeling warm and special.

Selfie shots are awkward.  My teeth aren't really that crooked but the way the light catches them . . ok, maybe they  ARE that crooked.  They still fit, they still work, and they're all mine.  Not bad for an old broad!  Just got back from the bi--annual cleaning with praise for regular flossing and brushing.  I rock!!  (I've been playing a game with myself, trying to stand on one foot while brushing my teeth.  Improves my balance and gives me something to think about while I polish the fangs.)







Sorting paperwork for taxes.  I got a shallow box to help organize things.  When I got back to the table with the files,  - - well, I see the cat trap is working.












8 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Beautiful scarf, teeth(too many are smiles are dentist perfect and don't have any individuality anymore!) And the cat steals the show!

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Love the cat trap!

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    OMG you've had your hair cut again. You look gorgeous!
    The scarf looks beautiful on you, shame you have to give it away, but then again, you can knit another for yourself.
    I too love the cat trap. Ahhh, what would we do without our four legged friends to keep us company and amused.

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Roxie you look great! Nice scarf, I grow my own or I would have asked for that orange one.
    Orange is best!

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Wing span looks awesome. She will love it. It's such an interesting pattern. If I were to meet you on the street, I would hug you like a best friend.

     
  • At 1:39 AM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    I thought I had posted to this! Everything is lovely, you and the scarves and stuff <3

     
  • At 4:44 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I haven't tried the Wingspan yet. It's such an intriguing look. And alpaca. I love the way it feels in my hands no matter what I make with it. It's actually been cold enough to wear my alpaca scarf this winter. It feels all cozy and warm.

    I am still waiting for some paperwork to do my taxes. Uncle Sam will just have to wait a bit for my money.

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Cats make great paperweights.
    Lovely scarf. You do keep those fingers agile!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home