Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Busy fingers

 I am working assiduously to shrink the stash.  Baby surprise jackets are good to use up odds and ends -  Merry stripes of all colors in garter stitch.
Another way to use the partial skeins is to knit a striped scarf the long way.   This one is about 7 feet long.  Garter stitch lies flat and is totally mindless.
 Knit 2, Purl 2 rib on a 16" circular needle makes a nice cap out of those orphan skeins.  And until I get to the decrease part, I can knit these in the dark, so here's what I produced during "Thor - The Dark World (? is that the right title?)" and during "Hobbit, the Desolation of Smaug" and during "47 Ronin."
I've been doing a "Downton Abbey" season 3 festival, and using up a big skein of mottled browns to make a hat, and a seamless moebius scarf. ( I do the moebius scarves in seed stitch because it's reversible and my fingers can do it without supervision. ) I just drool over the cricket match scene in episode 5 because every man on the house team is wearing a hand knit white vest and no two are the same.  And what charms me even more is that the Irish son-in-law's vest has the best cables.

Everything shown here is going to the Northwest Medical Team for the orphanages.  But still, the stash seems not to shrink. Divesting is going to take a looooong time.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Your projects are lovely.

     
  • At 6:09 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Excellent delivery-stash knitting! Great to catch up on movies while knitting!

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Amazing productivity.

     
  • At 7:09 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Lovely, fibery way to start the new year.

    Baby Surprise Jackets! Now I know what I can use up some leftovers on. Thanks!

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ah yes, knitting down the stash takes much more time than accumulating it. In our defense, we can state that much of the yarn came through donations TO us. At least that's how it has happened in my house. That's the truth, and I'm sticking to it.

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Your creations are as colorful as you are!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home