Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sept. tea

 As I mentioned yesterday, I do love my glass plates.  This one has cherries embossed in reverse on the back.  the cup may be modern, but I like it just fine.  Purple glass is a nice color for a tea cup.
I have four plates shaped like dogwood blossoms.    So pretty on the pink lace mat.  And the authentic depression glass cup and saucer  may have been a premium in a box of laundry detergent.  
 This plate is yellow, and I love the delicate pressed design.  But I don't have a placemat that shows it off very well.  Hmmm - things to sew.  A white and yellow placemat?
The pear/ginger upside down cake turned out nicely.  The minted honeydew vanished!  The ham and cheese roll-ups went over like gangbusters.  Maggie K brought chocolate cake pops that were too cute for words which is just s well because we were too busy eating them to talk.   There were chocolate chip cookies to send home to the non-knitting spouses.  And I used my elevated vase in an artistic way, here, putting a pink dahlia and a pink lilly in the raised part, then putting white lilies and another dahlia underneath.  Oh, sometimes I'm so artsy I can't stand myself!

Lordy I do love these parties.  I wish you could all come along.  We laugh ourselves silly.


7 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I would eat myself into a diabetic coma. It shore is purdy.

     
  • At 8:07 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I was at a 5 year old's birthday party next door, and there were more adults than kids!! The goodies at your gathering sound delicious!
    Mmmmm!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    The pear/ginger upside down cake sounds yummy! It's pretty too!

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh another fabulous feast for the knitters! What a great day everyone enjoys.

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Just wondering--does any knitting actually occur at these knitting teas? I do love Depression Era glass!

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    It's a magical table setting.

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home