Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

medical stuff

The ultrasound was negative.  The biopsy was negative.  So we are still looking for what it was that caused my blind spot.  It's shrinking by the way.

So the opthamologist, who is right on top of this, ordered a slew of  new tests.  I ran in to the lab, and the kindly phlebotomist drew 14 vials of blood.  Then she double-checked her list and realized that she had missed one, so she had to stick me again and draw a fifteenth tube full.  And tomorrow I need to go in again for one more draw because there is one test that they do only in the mornings.  I love my opthamologist!  I'm SO glad she's aggressive about finding the cause for the inflammation!

I was a good sport and told jokes while I was giving blood. I felt very sorry for myself, but I was still brave and didn't buy myself a consolation doughnut.  Consolation doughnuts are such a comfort.  So, when I came home, Kyle fixed me a cup of warm milk with honey in it to restore my depleted tissues, and to give balm to my spirit.

Tomorrow, I'll make a real effort to get my Letter N post.  I will.  Really.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    When I make my yearly visit to the kidney dr, he always orders ALL THE TESTS and it means manymany tubes of blood. But I don't think it's ever been 14.

    You need that milk and honey to sustain you.

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You poor thing. Yarn works as a good consolation and isn't fattening.

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    For me, consolation is always ice cream. It has milk in it and milk is good for you. :)

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    N is a nice letter and won't mind waiting if you Need time to regroup.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    EEeek! 15 viles?! I sure hope they find out what's up and that it's something simple. Kyle sure is a sweetie that takes such good care of you. :-)

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' @ My Yellow Swing said...

    Hang in there!! Anything with chocolate is my comfort food!

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I wish you knew what is wrong! Waiting is nerve wrecking. I am praying.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home